II. Oh, did I mention...

Začít od začátku

After giving everyone else their water bottle, to which they all replied with a 'thank you' (even Tsukishima), I finally turned to hand Kageyama his water bottle but stopped my arm half way out.

He held his out for a second waiting for me to finish extending my arm, but I never did.

He snatched the bottle from my hand, clearly annoyed at me being there. He gulped down the water with out saying a word to me. I could hear Tsukishima and Yamaguchi's snickers in the background.

"What, no thank you?" I taunted crossing my arms in front of my chest giving a fake pout.

"Nope." he responded as he messily tossed the empty water bottle at me, expecting me to fumble it to the ground, but much to his surprise I caught the bottle one handed with ease.

A large smirk held present on my face at Kageyama's barely hidden shocked expression. Everyone else in the gym seemed a little surprised at my quick reflexes too.

"Oh, did I mention I'm also a setter?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him to match my smug smirk.

"Is that so?" He glared at me for one second more and then turned on his heels, not saying another word.

The whole team had watched us anxiously in silence, afraid that if they said something one of us might snap and start screaming and cussing.

"Okay! Let's get back to running drills!" The captain, who I learned's name is Sawamura Daichi, announced clearly trying to relieve some tension and anxiety in the atmosphere.

Me and Kageyama both had dark aura's surrounding as we glared at each other from a distance, competitive fire burning in our eyes.

***

3rd person POV
~~~

"Aren't they supposed to do a project together? How will that work?" Asahi whispered to Suga, "Kageyama has been so busy glaring at Y/N, that he hasn't yelled at Hinata once."

They both exchanged worried glances at the mention of their underclass men who would be working together.

"Let's hope that they can make up and drop the petty competition." Suga replied, though at this point, he wasn't sure that was possible.

"We can only hope." Asahi looked like he was about to feint as Y/N returned a stray ball right at Kageyama's head.

***

Y/N's POV
~~~

The boys practice had finally ended.

Now came the moment the rest of the team members had been dreading.

I grabbed Kageyama's arm and dragged him outside of the gym, not bothering to look back at him as he protested.

"Let me go! I have to go change first!" He squirmed under my iron grip.

I slid the gym door open and slammed it behind me after throwing Kageyama to stand in front of me.

I swallowed hard as I prepared to speak,

"Look, I know we don't get along the greatest, but I'm not going to fail this class just because you want to be stubborn and pick fights with me."

"Me stubborn? You're the stubborn one!" He raised his voice defensively and crossed his arms in front of his chest making him look like a pouty child.

"Fine! We're both stubborn! The point is, if we can't work together we are going to fail, and if we fail neither of us can play volleyball." at the mention of losing volleyball he tensed up, "Do you understand?" I looked him in the eyes to make sure he was listening.

He slowly nodded his head in understanding.

I smiled wide showing my teeth, "Great, then tomorrow after volleyball, at my place! Oh, and here's my number!" I scribbled down my phone number on a piece of paper I ripped out of my notebook.

I shoved the piece of paper into his hand, crumpling it up in the process.

I turned on my heel and skipped back into the gym satisfied with our talk, and Kageyama followed in behind me slowly while reading the scrap of paper in his hand before sliding it into his jacket pocket.

Seeing me skip into the gym with a smile on my face, all the players took a sigh of relief that I no longer seemed hostile.

I gathered my things and said my goodbye's and thank you's, bowing 90° to everyone in the gym. Shimizu thanked me for my help, to which I turned crimson at the praise from the beautiful, 3rd year girl.

"N-no! I should be thanking you!" I waived my hands in front of my face, trying to indicate that it was no big deal.

I waved a final time to everyone before closing the door to the gym and heading down the cement path.

I took a deep breath of the crisp evening air and let out a sigh. The cool breeze blew the hair away from my face as I turned to face the relaxing wind.

'Mission accomplished'

I had done it. I convinced possibly my least favorite person to cooperate with me on this project.

***

Commenting and voting would be greatly appreciated!! Also, I will try my best to update this story daily.

- Del <3

Word count: 1334