"how could i forget stark?" "cake?"

sam looked at bucky, and nodded.

"hell yeah man you're getting a proper birthday celebration. you are a 103 today after all." bucky scratched the back of his neck, turning a light red.

"oh wow, thank you." bucky truly felt so grateful for everyone in the room at the moment.

"we know you haven't had a birthday party in a while. you deserve it." natasha spoke up, alexa smiling. bucky was about to thank her, but natasha put her hand up.

"don't thank me barnes." she bluntly spoke, but a smirk danced on her face. bucky smirked right back.

"well i appreciate it a lot nat." she gave him a look, bucky shrugging his shoulders innocently.

"you said not to say thank you, i didn't, did i?" alexa covered her mouth to stop herself from laughing, but peter didn't care. the teenager laughed loudly, causing everyone to do the same.

•••

"why do you get to drive home? i'm the gentleman, i should be driving you home!" bucky pouted, alexa holding his hand as they left the restaurant. alexa took bucky out for his birthday in the city, and they were on the way back for cake with the team.

"because it's your birthday james, let me please." he looked over at her, and his eyes softened. he nodded, placing a kiss to her lips.

"okay." his voice was just above a whisper. a soft smile laid on her face, as she opened the the passenger side door for him, causing them to laugh. she got into the drivers seat, and started the drive home.

they pulled into the garage, and alexa parked her car. the two stepped out, and headed to the elevator. FRIDAY took them to the main floor. the doors opened, everyone relaxing on the couch and scattered across the room. the tv was on, a sitcom playing on low volume. 

"hey you two." clint spoke up, grabbing everyone's attention.

"how was dinner?" nat asked, watching alexa take her heels off and bucky slip off his coat. alexa left her heels by the conference table and bucky threw his coat over a chair.

"it was good, and please tell me the cake is where i left it and tony didn't eat it." alexa asked as everyone got up and heading to the kitchen, standing around the large island.

"hey! that's something peter would do. " tony exclaimed, alexa chuckling.

"no it's not!" peter exclaimed right back, rhodey having to tell them to stop bickering. steve pulled the cake out of the fridge, setting it onto the island.

"when did you get a cake?" bucky asked, alexa smiling as she took the lid off the cake and placed it in the sink.

"made actually, when you and steve were our earlier this afternoon, nat, wanda and i made it." bucky shook his head, unable to wipe the grin off his face.

"i love you." he kissed her temple, pulling her close.

"i love you more." she smiled up at him. bucky was then quickly pulled into a conversation with sam, steve and thor as alexa and nat put candles on the cake. they lit the candles, and turned off the lights.

"very funny, i hope there's some cake under all those candles alexa." bucky laughed, alexa smiling.

"you love it."

the team started to sing happy birthday, bucky looking around the room. his felt that all too familiar lump in his throat as tears pricked his eyes. he had his girlfriend, his childhood best friend, and the family he knew never he needed. he was exactly where he needed to be. before the lights turned back on, he blinked the tears away.

"are you one, are you two-" "oh god tony don't start we'll be here all night." everyone laughed, watching bucky close his eyes and blow out the candles. everyone clapped, friday turning on the lights. bucky kissed alexa softly, then brought her into a hug.

"did you wish for anything?" she asked, bucky shaking his head.

"no... i got everything i need right in this room." alexa was unable to shake the grin from her face.

•••

alexa followed bucky into his room, alexa closing the door behind herself. she turned to face bucky, who was clearly eyeing her up and down. she walked towards him and kissed him softly, then passionately.

bucky's lips kissed her neck, making her tilt her head back. alexa heard bucky mumble FRIDAY'S name against her neck, FRIDAY locking the door and the walls turned a light blue before back to the off white color, the room now soundproof. alexa chuckled under her breath, yet the chuckle got caught in her throat as bucky found her sweet spot.

she pushed bucky onto the bed, the two pausing to look at each other. bucky scooted back on the bed, alexa unbuttoning his black shirt. he took his belt off and threw it to the floor. he quickly shimmed his pants off as well. they looked at each other again, their lips crashing against one another urgently.

"i love you james." alexa whispered between kisses, bucky letting out a soft moan.

"i love you too alexa. i love you to the moon and back." bucky whispered, his hand trailing up her shoulder to grab one of the straps of her baby blue dress. his other hand found her zipper, unzipping her dress. she slipped out of it, straddling his waist.

his hands ran up and down her sides, his cold pointer finger going over every scar and imperfection his eyes could find. their eyes met again, the two smiling softly at one another. bucky couldn't lie, this was truly the best birthday he could had ever had.