chapter thirty-four

Start from the beginning

“Flora! Can you hear me? Flo... Flora!” He tried to push his tears back. Moreover, the fight kept getting louder, meaning it was getting closer - “Shoot.” - Helia had to uncover a solution to loosen the cell, rapidly.

Here.” The voice came back which made Helia promptly catch his attention on it and was on guard, ready to use his glove and sword. But instead, the bars disappeared, which benefits Helia.

With no hesitation, the Specialist dropped his weapons to rescue his wife as his main priority. “Flora!”

He kneeled and held up her lying half-dead frigid body from the wintry floor onto his lap: her skin was quite faded and numbing. Helia couldn't see her beautiful emerald eyes as they were closed roughly, and her smile wasn't anywhere near to form on her lips. They were withered and had a cut on her lower lip.

A warm tear dropped onto her frigid pallid cheek. “No, Flo!... Do not leave me. Don't leave us. We need you! Lilian and I need you, Flora!”

Nabu ran past the cell then noticed Helia and immediately went back. “Yo, Helia!” He runs closer, leaping frantically. “Yeah, uhm... We gotta go, quickly!”

“She's dying... Nabu, she's dying...” Helia cried out. The wizard concentrated his mind to use his powers to break the chains holding Flora's wrists and ankles.

“Can you pick her up?” Nabu questioned and Helia nodded. A remarkably pretentious blast erupted, and it was quite imminent. “I'll be behind to cover for you. We already got almost the rest of the girls out and if we don't make it in time, they'll be forced to launch off without us!”

Helia understood as he picked his wife bridal style and both Specialists initiated moving as hastily as they could.

However, the Trix caught up to them by then.

“Stop them!” Icy shouted, flying behind the two men along with Flora as she and the other two Trix were chasing them. The ice witch leaned her hands forward. “Ice cubes!

Nabu had to turn around and run backwards as he used his sceptre trick by making it spin 360°, defending him and Helia from the ice cubes, additionally to sending them back to hit the Trix.

“Ow!” Darcy yelled, holding her cheek, where there was a clear cut made by an ice cube. “Oh-oh, that is it! Obscure tentacles!

Many artificial tentacles made of dark magic clouds were coming from Darcy's back and were also quick to stretch themselves out to hit their target. Nabu did not have time to have a go to use his defence as he was busy dodging a few of those tentacles and one was able to stab his left side of his waist and he winced in pain.

Darcy smirked and used a few more tentacles to beat him on the ground, unconscious. “Bingo.”

“No, Nabu!” Helia turned around but it was too late.

Stormy evoked another spell - “Lightning strike!” - A dark cloud materialized as Helia clenched his teeth in irritation.

At first, Helia was able to evade some lightning and ice cubes from Stormy and Icy but it was too early to call it a win as a few clouds appeared in front of him so he quickly turned around, gripping onto his wife before getting hit severally times on his back, resulting on him also collapsing on the floor and Flora too.

“Psst. That was too easy,” Icy stated as she high-fived with her sisters. She was about to freeze the nature fairy's body once and for all but then... a light from a hole on the wall, caused by one of Stormy's lightning, was creeping in, announcing the beginning of a new day.