Why was I comforting him? He didn't really need it, if anything he's probably going to bite my head off for trying to be nice.

I was right. He slapped my arm away with a rough intensity.

"You're just another pointless extra, I don't give a shit what you have to say."

That hurt more than it should've.

I walked away, there was no need to feed his pathetic fire or ego.

We waited at some dark tunnel, Izuku was muttering to himself and Kirishima was clapping loudly, going on about how he hoped we all showed our manly assets off today.

I remembered what Aizawa told me before I took off running to school in the morning.

"Florence." His voice was soothing, he had been the one to make breakfast today, insisting that I needed the extra hour of sleep.

"Yes?"

"I'll be proud of you no matter how you do today."

I stared, too touched to conjure up the perfect sentence.

"I'll do my best." I said, holding up my fist that was clenched, "For you, my family, and for myself."

I heard Present Mic welcoming Class 1-A into the arena; the doors lifted and we all began running out, some of my classmates were cheering and waving their arms wildly while the booming noise of the crowd nearly made me flee behind Jirou and hide.

The other classes were announced as we began to fill up the circular dome area very quickly.

I saw some distinct faces from Class 1-B, the silver boy named Tetsutetsu had arrived with the crowd that surrounded the exit of our classroom the other day.

The students were gauging us and declaring war, a notable student was the boy with sunken bags and purple hair. He amused me because he looked just like Aizawa, except he was lavender-toned in his eyes and hair.

I didn't catch his name, but he had stared my way for a few seconds.

Speaking of the devil, he had made his way to the front of the crowd, standing next to me as Midnight began introducing the event. She then proceeded to call Bakugo to the front since he ranked number one in the entrance exam.

"I'm Hitoshi Shinso, I haven't properly introduced myself to you." He stuck his hand out with a cocky smile.

"Florence Reyna." I shook his hand, then grew silent as the entire stadium waited for Bakugo's words.

"I pledge.... that I'll be number one."

The herd of classes immediately broke into booing and yelling, calling him all kinds of insults for his statement.

I only stared, but when he met my gaze, I looked away, recalling the immature anger he carried from earlier.

"Why are you doing something so disgraceful?!" Iida cried with fury and alarm in his voice. I walked to him, patting his shoulder to calm him down.