Chapter 15:Love

Começar do início

"Okay, you go first." I said.

"Would you rather, run five laps of the glade or eat only Frypans stew for a month?" He asked.

"Definitely run five laps of the glade." I replied. "My turn. Would you rather, Make out with Minho or Alby?" I asked with a smirk.

"Seriously?" He asked, to which I nodded. He sighed, "Alby." He replied.

"Why Alby?" I asked.

"When's the last time you saw Minho brush his teeth?" He asked.

"Fair enough." I replied laughing.

We played this for hours until Minho came and interrupted us.

"It's time for a wedding shanks." He said.

"Finally." I said.

"Hey!" Ben said.

"No offence, it was fun to hang out with you but I just miss Newt." I replied.

"Well come on then." Minho said. Ben and I got up and followed after Minho, we walked for a while ending up in the deadheads. I couldn't really see where I was going since it was getting dark and we were deep into the forest.

I suddenly saw a small light shining from behind some trees.

"You're not going to sacrifice me or anything like that right?" I asked.

"No you shuckface." Minho said. "Why do always have the worst scenarios in your head?" He asked.

"Because that's how my brain works." I replied.

We kept walking, the light getting closer and closer to us. Once we got there, I noticed a row of candles on each side, creating a small path, at the end of the path stood Newt and Alby. Once my eyes met Newts his eyes lit up.

"My lady," Minho said and pulled out his arm in a gesture that told me to grab onto it. So I did, I grabbed Minho's arm and we started walking towards Alby and Newt. The walk down the path felt like it lasted forever but we finally came to the end of it and Minho gave my hands to Newt.

"Hi." He said with a smile on his face.

"Hi." I replied with the same smile.

I turned my head to the left and noticed that all of the gladers have gathered around, stood in rows. Behind Newt stood Minho and Ben, and behind me stood Frypan, to my right stood Alby.

"We are gathered here today to join these two amazing people in marrige. But they're not just any people, they're two people who are in love, people who look after each other and complete each other. You may think 'what's so special about them' well I'm here to tell you that they're not just two people who are lovers, they are best friends. For the two years that I have been here, I have never seen two people who care about each other more than them. So I'm going to stop talking now and let Newt and YN say their vows." Alby said. "Newt you go first."

"YN, me and you both came up here like everyone else, in the box the only difference was that we came up together, when we came up it's no lie that we couldn't stand each other at first-" Newt was cut off by everyone laughing at his statement. "-during our first months here I felt so numb to emotion but you made me feel something. After I had my accident, you were the one who took care of me, in fact you helped me become myself again, you stayed with me in that little room for 2 months and in those two months I came to know you better, I learned that you are the nicest, funniest and craziest person I have ever met and that's why I love you, you aren't scared to be yourself and I am very thankful that those creators sent you up here with me." Newt said and at the end of his speech I was in tears.

"YN, It's your turn now." Alby said.

"Newt, as you said before, when we met we didn't exactly like each other but after being around you for 2 months I learned to love you. When I first came up I didn't know what love was, I knew it existed but I didn't know what it was. Since I forgot everything, I didn't remember knowing anyone who was in love and I didn't know how it felt to be in love, but now I know, you taught me what it is and what it feels like. You are the person who keeps me sane in this place. I love you Newt and I am so thankful for you, I don't know what I would do without you." I said that's when I realised Newt was also crying.

After our vows Ben came up to us with two rings, I took the bigger one and put it on Newts ring finger, he then took the smaller one and put it on my ring finger.

"YN do you take Newt as your lawfully wedded husband?" Alby asked.

"I do." I replied.

"And Newt do you take YN as your lawfully wedded wife?" Alby asked.

"I do." Newt replied.

"By the power given me by myself, I now pronounce you wife and husband. You may kiss the bride." Alby said.

Newt looked me in the eyes and then his gaze moved down to look at my lips, he looked at my eyes one last time and then connected our lips in a sweet kiss.

I heard cheering behind us and Newt and I pulled away and hugged.

"This is so beautiful." Minho said with a sigh. I looked at him and noticed that he was crying, I shifted my gaze to Ben and saw that he was crying too. I then realised that Alby and Frypan were crying as well.

"Aww guys come here." I said to all of my friends. They all shuffled over and we all shared a group hug.

"Oh my god I'm married!" I said.

"Oh my god me too!" Newt replied everyone laughed at the two of us.

"What a coincidence, you're both married! What are the chances?" Minho said.

We all pulled away and looked at the rest of the gladers.

"Lets light a bonfire in honour of these two." Alby said, everyone cheered in reply.

After the wedding we went and had a bonfire it was filled with people dancing, drinking and eating, after a while Newt and I left and went to our room.

"Goodnight my handsome husband." I said.

"Goodnight my beautiful wife." Newt replied. And with that we both happily fell asleep.