❝ I tripped and fell down. ❞ The woman insanely scoffed as her son refused to hold eye contact with her since she'd end up exposing his obvious lies. ' This kid gotta be kidding me. '

Jay's mother heavily sighed before hovering her palm against his distended Doraemon hands after several mosquitoes bit them.

❝ Jay-ah, you can lie to anyone else but not yourself....❞ What even was her point of asking when she already guessed the occurrence. ❝ And me, of course. ❞

The woman lightly rubbed her son's palms, gradually persuading him to open up since she's supposed to be the comforting mother.

❝ Okay, you're right. A guy punched me but just leave it. You gave me two hands and legs too. ❞ Jongseong cheekily wiggled his brows, telling that he won't hesitate to fight back if it's gone too far.

The elderly stroke his hands before sighing heavily. ❝ Don't be too ruthless though. You're still the son of SSS' CEO but I believe that you can balance yourself. ❞ The middle-aged woman was fond of her son that much that she wouldn't know what to do if something happens to their next generation.

Jongseong nodded sincerely as his bready cheeks lifted after being taken care of by his generous mother. ❝ Gosh, how long has it been since I last hugged you like this, my child? ❞

Jay was accompanied by none other than his mother's comforting presence with the lavender aroma which flung around the room.

❝ This is so cringey of me to say this but I love you, mom. ❞

Who knew that a badass playboy around school and university was actually his mother's adorable baby who's also secretively a softie?

The woman couldn't help but be grateful at how her son acknowledges the love and care she'd buried him throughout the ages of growing him.

She's the only woman who can love Jay for who he truly is.

Jongseong was proven that no other woman can't replace his mother's genuine love and care for him.

People either use him on purpose for money, fame, attention and barely cared about his honest side.

So, he'd never truly love someone in return as well.

Even if it's just an impossible wish, Jongseong hoped that his hopeless life circle would have an end at the terminal when someone who would candidly love him will bloom in life.

-

Mijin had some guts that someone was following her inside and she didn't seem to be quite mistaken at all.

❝ Come out, I know that you're still following me. ❞

Jongseong showed himself with a jokingly expression in front of the paranoid girl. Why did it have to be his annoying face again?

❝ I can't believe that you're that shameless enough to face me after what you've done. ❞ Scoffing, Mijin twisted her arms while giving Jongseong a cold shoulder until the male stepped closer.

The girl was reluctant about what's going to occur next as she never let her guard down.
It's irritating the heck out of Mijin when never his cocky face would appear up close, making her wanna punch the hell out of him.

❝ Ha, I have the same question for you as well. ❞ Jay cheekily moved his bready face with his sharp jaw which resembled a knife that could cut anything.

Eyes focusing on her coral lips, the boy was stunned before ghosting through her cavernous orbs. ❝ Is your boyfriend Park Jisung that overprotective when his girlfriend got kissed by some random dude? ❞ Gently brushing her soft lips, Jay annoyingly smirked.

Mijin's lips were itching to curve and finish off this dude in a flicker but she didn't wanna end up as a murderer.

❝ Don't address the stuff that you aren't capable of knowing, you jerk. ❞ Mijin slapped his filthy hands away from touching her facial features.

Jay was partially offended yet, glad at the same to come across the knowledge that he's not her boyfriend at all.

❝ So, you're not taken after all? ❞ A satisfied grin replaced the bratty boy's face as Mijin dodge his grip from her small wrist as well.

❝ You do know that it's considered sexual assault to grab a woman like that. ❞ The warning made the disciplined young man distance himself from touching her as she'd told.

❝ Can we talk? ❞ Jongseong's request made Mijin nudge a brow upwards in confusion. ❝ I believe that we have nothing to talk about, Park Jongseong. ❞

But the stubborn youngster's steps were frozen after Jay dragged her wrist and spun around and talked openly about her image in his point of view.

❝ Gosh, would it kill you to date me just for a few days? ❞

« end of a chapter »