17. His Family Cares About Him

"Go home. Just by looking at you is upsetting me. Go back home. I'm going to sleep." Contrary to what was expected, Pan Lei casually spread his four limbs on the floor and didn't get up.

"I'm not leaving. I'm staying here. If you don't give me a bed, I'll sleep on the floor or on the couch. I, originally, do not have much vacation time to expend and I just don't want to lose half of it by staying far away from you. In addition, I am hoping that in this limited time, we can spend more time together. I don't want to go. I will not go. Even if you kick me out, I still won't go. Even if you drive me away, still not leaving. During this period, I must keep a close guard on you. If I don't hold on to you firmly, what if you will run away with someone else? With great difficulty, I was given the opportunity to finally meet someone to my own liking, I can't possibly let you run away just like that."

Have you seen a few years old child who went to the play area in the city but afterwards, no matter what you did, he just didn't want to come out?

Just like that child, Pan Lei is such a spoiled brat, acting shamelessly like nothing has happened and it makes Tian Yuan neither want to beat him to death nor to throw him away. Having known his personality, Pan Lei will absolutely not budge nor go away even if he was to be killed.

Tian Yuan is again having a headache. He really can't kick this man out. Although he is very hateful, he could tell that he is a good boy from a good family. Tian Yuan has never fought with anyone since he was a child. He really doesn't know how to deal with this kind of deliberately shameless rogue.

Sleep on the couch? With his size? His height is almost 1.9 meters and Tian Yuan felt like he would be making Pan Lei feel wronged should he let him sleep on that 1.5 meter couch. Thinking about it, he really felt uncomfortable. Pan Lei is not a south-fed Muscovy duck [1] where he must use a cage to tie him up and keep him until his bones are soft enough to be killed for consumption.

Sleep on the floor? Although it was very hot during the day, it was also very cold during the night. As a doctor, the last thing he wanted the most is for people to get sick.

Sleep on his bed? He was guessing that he definitely won't have any bones left in him when dawn arrives as he will surely be eaten by this hungry wolf whose eyes were burning with intense desire.

Sacrifice himself without sacrificing Pan Lei? Man was not condemned by heaven and earth to the path of destruction. Right, might as well sacrifice Pan Lei. Whether he will suffer from a cold or a sore back tomorrow, he will not care about him.

Making up his mind, Tian Yuan was about to close the door when unexpectedly, the phone rang.

"Dr. Tian, hurry and come to the hospital! There was a serious traffic accident which injured five people and they were sent to our hospital. There are three patients who need surgery. You quickly come and help!"

Doctors, like the police officers, sometimes need to comply with the demand. When duty calls, whether they are on vacation, just got off work, or currently making love with their spouse, they should immediately prepare and rush to the hospital. A doctor couldn't bear procrastinating his actions at crucial times like this.

Tian Yuan put down the phone, jumped up and dashed to the door. While looking flustered, he changed his shoes and reached out for a jacket. "There was an accident. I'm going to the hospital to help should something goes wrong. If you want, you can go and use the bed."

Duty calls. Pan Lei knows that he cannot joke about this kind of emergency situation. He moved fast. He also changed his shoes and followed Tian Yuan out of the building. "I'll take you there."

Tian Yuan tried to stop a taxi, but there was not a single taxi that intended to stop. The more anxious he was, the more cars were not coming over. Waiting here for one minute might kill someone. Tian Yuan was so angry that he was ready to take a step and run all the way to the hospital. But Pan Lei caught him. "Wait, I'll get you a car."