Chapter 20

Griffin, Nessa, and Josh quickly rushed over to the sides of the bed where Kennedy was resting. 

"Oh Kennedy, I'm so glad you're okay. I'm so sorry about the way we fought. I accept your apology. I'm cool with you being with Griffin," Nessa pleaded, stroking Kennedy's hair.

"This sounds personal. I'll give you guys some alone time," Dr. Adams said exiting the room. 

"Nessa, I appreciate what you are saying. I really do, but my head is pounding. Can I please just get some rest?" asked Kennedy.

"Yes, I think it's best that if we let Kennedy rest. She's gone through a lot and is going to need some energy for when everyone else comes later," Griffin suggested. Kennedy scooted back into a comfortable sleeping position and Griffin kissed her on her forehead. For the next couple hours as Kennedy slept, Nessa, Griffin, and Josh waited patiently in the room. Dr. Adams informed them that Kennedy could be released the next morning if no other unexpected complications came up. He gave them Kennedy's medicine that she will need to take while at home. The doctor informed them that it will take 2 weeks for the concussion to heal, 4 weeks for the fractured foot, and 6 weeks for the broken arm. Due to the concussion, she would be expected to experience headaches, dizziness, and nausea over the next couple of weeks. 

After many, long hours, Kennedy woke up from a deep sleep. Blake, Amelie, Bryce, Addison, Jaden, Mads, Kio, Anthony, Avani, Quinton, and Cynthia all stopped by to wish her to get well soon. They dropped off balloons and a couple of presents. Unfortunately, Kennedy was still asleep when they visited, so she missed them. It was now the evening, and Griffin, Nessa, and Josh were about ready to leave. The hospital would not let them stay the night. Griffin agreed to be there the next morning to pick her up. Griffin kissed her goodbye and they left her alone for the rest of the night. Everything went so fast. So much had changed in such a short amount of time. She was glad that Nessa forgave her, but she would have to tell the rest of her friends about her and Griffin. She didn't want to lie anymore. 

June 22nd, 2020

Kennedy woke up the next morning by one of the nurses that helped the previous day. The nurse helped Kennedy packing up her stuff and guiding her to a wheelchair. The nurse walked Kennedy out to the front parking lot where Griffin was waiting for her. Grififn removed himself from the driver's seat and helped Kennedy into the car. He took her crutches and bag from the nurse and set them into the back trunk. Then, they drove off.

"How are you feeling?" Griffin asked, trying to keep his eyes on the road while still focused on Kennedy.

"I'm still tired. My head hurts, and so does my arm and foot. I attempted using the crutches but it's really hard because of my arm," she responded, trying to close her eyes. 

"I'm sorry. I hate seeing you like this. I'm just so glad that you are okay. This went so out of control."

"I know. I'm lucky to be here. And I'm very happy that I can spend all those time with you while I heal"

"Me too."

They eventually pulled up to the Sway Gaming House. Griffin helped Kennedy by carrying her in. He started walking towards Kennedy's room, but then Kennedy said, "Actually, if you don't mind, can I rest in your room instead? It's just so cozy and it's not like anyone will care at this point."

"Sure thing," he replied. This made Griffin feel warm inside. He felt like he was wanted. They placed her down onto his bed and kissed her on the forehead. 

"Sleep well Kennedy," he instructed with a calming voice and a smile on his face. Just before Kennedy closed her eyes she made a post on Instagram to inform everyone about the accident.

kennedybeckett

Like by imgriffinjohnson and 249,572 others

kennedybeckett don't worry everyone I'm doing better now! I will tell you guys soon what happened. Love you all <3

nessabarrett get well!!! love you!!!

ameliezilber feel better!