Forgiveness, can you imagine?

I continued to do my job as I waited for the ex-assassin to come talk the me. Waiting outside of the room would only make my nerves worse. My hands were already shaking to begin with. There were even times where I felt like I had a huge pressure on my chest causing to me to take deep breaths to regulate my breathing.

My best friend's killer wants to talk to me.

"Okay, I know this is completely random," Seth started with a playful grin, "but when am I going to be the best man at your wedding?"

"You mean bridesmaid?" I titled my head and looked at him with an amused smile. We were walking towards the meeting with Alexander Pierce. Seth rolled his eyes at me. "Because I can totally have you wear a dress."

"But then I'll steal your spotlight."

"I would also have to be in a relationship." I countered.

"There's always Grant Ward." Seth shrugged.

"I don't know. I get this weird vibe from him," I quickly shook my head, "so I'm gonna listen to my instincts and say a hard pass."

"What about Steve Rogers. I hear Natasha is trying to help him score a date." Seth wiggled his brows and bumped his shoulder against mine.

"I'm pretty sure half of the staff here want to date him."

"Just like you."

"Shut up."

His killer.

A fist met with my cheekbone, pain blossomed on the right side of my face. A hiss slipped past my lips. I set my jaw and turned to face the owner of the fist. Shoulder length hair and a man dressed in black stare at me with cold blue eyes. A gleam of silver metal and a red star caught my eye before it came towards my face.

Wants to talk to me.

My vision was starting to blur. It was going in and out of focus. I could barely focus on Seth and the HYDRA man fighting. There was a pained grunt followed by a choked gasp. My sight was able to see clearly for a few seconds. I saw Seth on the ground with red covering his chest. The man stood above him with a gun. His cold gaze looked at me before he left.

"Sophie?"  A voice snapped me out of the flashback.
I blinked, turning to see who called my name. One of the clients to the psychiatric building, a teenage girl named Brooke, looked at me with concern. "You okay? You were kind of zoned out there."

"I'm fine. Was just thinking about something." I gave her a soft smile.

"You know, when people say 'I'm fine'," Brooke did quotation marks with her hands, "they aren't fine. Want a few therapy sesh from moi?"

"Free now, huh?" I perked a brow at her as a smile tugged at my lips.

"Yup!" Brooke beamed up at me as a smirk grew. "You'll receive the best from the best."

"How convincing. Alright, Dr. Brooke. Let's start." I leaned against the wall and motioned for her to go.

"Wait? Really? You want my advice?" Brooke asked in shock. It appeared that she was fighting a grin. I gave her an encouraging nod. She beamed up at me, her eyes lighting up. "Okay, okay. I won't disappoint! What's the sitch? Isn't that what you old people used to say?"

"Old people? I'm not that old." I frowned.

"Eh, you're older than me so I consider you old." Brooke shrugged. "Anyways, what's going on?"

"What's your take on forgiveness?" I tried to stay as vague as I could.

"It all depends on the situation, I guess. If someone did something bad to you, then you should question what their motive is. Talk to them about it. Everyone has a reason for doing something, wether it's in their control or not." Brooke stated, fiddling with a loose curl that framed her face. "Is it about the Blip? Being gone for five years and then coming back to see that the world has moved on without you? I'm working on that, too. Everyone I love got to stay and live five years while I turned to-to ash and disappeared."