This girl really looked familiar.

"Hey, you really look familiar. Do I know you from somewhere?

"Don't change the subject!"

Then I remembered.

"Is your name,by any chance, Kaylee Adams?"

"Yeah...how do you know me?"

"It's me Nathan, don't you remember me?"

"Nathan," she contemplated, "Oh, that guy. I've heard of you on the news."

"Well yes, but I use to live next door to you back when you use to live in Bremerton," I finally told her.

"Oh yeah, I remember now."

*FLASHBACK*

Kaylee got in the car without saying goodbye to Nathan. They were best friends ever since they were babies. Nathan was watching from the upstairs window. His parents didn't want to let him go outside because they knew he would stop Kaylee from moving to Texas. His mom came to caress his back, trying to comfort him. A tear escaped his eyes and he quickly wiped it away. He didn't cry just because his best friend was leaving, he cried because the person he has loved for years was leaving him and he never got to say how he felt.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

"So do you want to grab dinner?" I asked. "So we can catch up," I added quickly.

"I don't know, I'm really tired and-" her stomach grumbled.

I chuckled, "come on. My treat."

"I really gotta go."

"Please?" I pleaded.

It took her a while before she answered, "I guess..."

I wanted to fist pump the air but prevented myself from doing so. I grabbed her luggages, but she stopped me.

"First, wear these."

She slipped on a pair of blue ray bans on me. She had to stand on her tip toes to put it on me. I grinned.

"Oh yeah, almost forgot."

She rolled her eyes and we walked side by side to my car.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaylee's POV

We got to Nathan's car and he placed my luggages at the trunk. I got in the passenger seat and he got on the driver's seat. I realized that Nathan came in from a flight, but he doesn't have any bags.

"Hey, you just came in from a flight, right?"

"Yeah..."

"Then where are your bags?"

"Crap!" he slapped his forehead.

I started laughing. He pulled out his phone and texted someone. He started the engine and got out of the parking lot.

"So, where we going?" I asked.

"You'll see," he said with a grin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The car ride to the restaurant was short and silent. The man went 10 miles over the speed limit and wasn't wearing a seat belt! Once he stopped, I let out a huge sigh of relief. I'm still alive!

"What is wrong with you?" I asked.

"What?"

"You were 10 miles over the speed limit and you weren't wearing a seat belt!"I yelled.

He just smiled and walked over to my side, to open the door. The restaurant name was Bai Tong Thai. We walked in and was greeted by this blonde girl. We were seated at the back of the restaurant so people wouldn't see/recognize Nathan.

"My shift is over, I can join you guys. By the way my name is Brooklyn," introduced the blonde chick.

She turned to me with a fake smile and held out her hand. I didn't want to be rude so I shook it and nodded. She sat across of me, next to Nathan. That didn't bother me at all. Then she started talking about her life. What bothered me, just a little, was it seems like she was forcing herself to Nathan. She was always in Nathan's bubble. I ignored it and tried to listen to her story, but it was too boring and all she did was twirl her hair and stare at Nathan. Girls these days.

I took my phone out and started playing games.Half an hour later and they were still talking. I was hungry and annoyed. I knew I shouldn't have agreed to this. I excused myself to bathroom. I went in the bathroom and faced the mirror, I knew I needed sleep. I look tired, but I felt even more exhausted. I took out my phone and texted Isaiah to pick me up at California Pizza Kitchen. I swiftly ran out of the restaurant without saying goodbye to Nathan and his little friend.

The walk took about 20 minutes and by the time I got there my feet were aching. I walked in and Isaiah was sitting down with a plate of untouched pizza in front of him. His back was facing me, so I took the chance.

I covered his eyes with my hand and said, "Guess who?"

He took my hands off of his face and turned around. He stood up and hugged me.

"You're back!"

"Yes, I'm back."

"Here, I got you pizza."

"Thanks."

I sat down and started eating while we talked. I missed Isaiah. We went to college together, but he moved to Washington. We kept in touch by texting each other almost everyday. People would always think that we're a couple, but we're not, we're just friends.

"Where are your luggages?"He asked.

"Crap, I forgot them in Nathan's car!"

"Who's Nathan?"

"I'll tell you on the way home. Come on."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow, you had a long day. The drive will take about an hour. Go to sleep, I'll wake you up when we get there," Isaiah said.

"You sure, you don't want me to stay up and talk to you?"

"No, you need sleep right now. I'm surprised you're not cranky yet."

I punched his arm.

"Hey watch it, I'm driving. Just go to sleep."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nathan's POV

I've been talking to Brooklyn for so long, I didn't notice Kaylee's been in the bathroom for over half an hour.

"Hey do you mind checking on Kaylee? She's been in the bathroom for quite some time," I alleged.

I saw a flash of annoyance in her eyes, but she got up anyways. We walked to the bathroom and I stopped outside the women's bathroom, while Brooklyn got in. I hope she's in there. Brooklyn came out a few minutes later, with a smile.

"Nope, shes not in there"

I bade goodbye to Brooklyn and got in my car. I drove to Mr. and Mrs. Adams' house hoping Kaylee's home and that she's not mad at me. I took her luggages out of the trunk and made my way to their door. I raised my hand to knock, then I heard footsteps behind me.

"Who are you?"

Thanks for reading! Comment, vote and recommend! 

I need your feedback!