Bondita turned around to look at him and raised her brow.

"Kya hua?" she asked.

Ani shrugged and leaned at the wall next to him, enjoying every second of the occasion. Today was the day, she would officially graduate as a Barrister.

Bon walked towards him with a warm smile.

"Patibabu...shayad mai achhi patni aur student toh bann gayi... lekin kya achhi bahu .."

Ani rolled his eyes and wrapped her in his arms.

"Bondita... tum har kirdaar me sabse achhi ho... bohot jald jaan jaaogi" he smiled.

Just when Bon was about to ask what Ani meant, she heard the door bell. Breaking the hug in a second, she looked at Ani feeling confused.

"Kaun aaya hoga Patibabu ?"

"Jaake khud dekh lo.." he said with a giggle.

Bondita ran towards the door and opened it, hoping that her guess was right.

Her face lit up as she saw her family standing at the door.

"Kaka Sasur ji..." she said with a beaming smile as she pulled her saree over her head and leaned down to touch his feet.

Kaka blessed her with tears in his eyes.

"Kitni badi ho gayi ho bahu...hume samajh nahi aa raha kya kahe...hum bas.. bohot khush hain tumhe dekh ke"

Both of them were unable to speak. Only tears could tell the emotions they felt.

Som, Batuk and Binoy popped up from the back with a teasing smile. Bondita quickly took blessings from Binoy and happily greeted both her brother -in laws.

"Aap sab yaha ... mere graduation ke liye aaye.... " she said choking with emotions.

"Bondita...mai Anirudh ko apni aakho ke saamne barrister banta nahi dekh paaya tha... lekin mujhe bohot khushi hai ki aaj apni Bahu ko dekh paaunga... shayad hi koi aisa Sasur hoga jiski kismat itni achhi ho.." said Binoy with a proud smile.

Bondita turned around and looked at Ani who was standing at the back and listening to all this, she gave him a nod understanding what he earlier meant.

The stage was set and Bondita's name was called out. She had passed with flying colors. She walked up the stairs to receive the degree. Looking at Kaka and Binoy she could see proud tears in their eyes. Som and Batuk looked at her as an inspiration. It was the happiest day of her life.

But as she walked to get the degree, she saw the person who was probably happier than her. Anirudh, who handed over the degree to her with all the love and respect he had for her. His eyes weren't just welled up, but tears were rolling down. He couldn't control them at all. It was the proudest moment of his life.

She took the degree and looked him in the eyes. They were speaking without words. She looked at him as if she was asking how could he not control his tears? And Anirudh just shrugged at her accepting his defeat.

Bon gently wiped off the tear and walked towards the mic. Everyone waited for her to say something.

"Aaj maine jo bhi haasil kiya hai... apne teachers ke vajah se kiya hai... isiliye mai iss mauke pe unn sabko dhanyawaad karna chahti hu... jinhone mujhe na sirf padhaya... balki zindagi jeena bhi sikhaaya"

Everyone listened to her quietly.

"Mere Kaka Sasurji aur Sasurji.... jinhone mujhe sikhaaya ki parivaar kya hota hai. Jaha har koi ek doosre se itna alag hoke bhi ek doosre ke itne kareeb ho... unhone ye bhi sikhaaya ki ek parivaar ka paalan poshan kaise karte hain ..."

Kaka and Binoy exchanged proud looks.

"Som aur Batuk, jinhone mujhe hamesha apni baudi nahi, behen ki tarah pyaar kiya aur sikhaaya ki apnaapan sirf khoon ke rishto se nahi aata ..."

Batuk and Som smiled at her with happy tears.

"Meri sabse achhi dost.. Ishika.. jisne mujhe sikhaaya ki bharosa aur dosti kya hoti hai"

Ishika beamed with happiness listening to her friend's words.

Finally Bondita looked at Anirudh.

"Aur sabse zaroori... Mere Patibabu... jinse maine ye seekha ki chahe zindagi me hume kitni bhi mushkile kyu na aaye... hume kabhi haar nahi manni chahiye. Unhone mujhe hamesha aage badhna aur sahi raah chunna sikhaaya... unhone mujhe doosro se hi nahi... khud se pyaar karna bhi sikhaaya..."

Anirudh gave her a warm smile trying to hold his tears as everyone stood up to give an ovation to the brightest student of the University.

When she stepped down from the stage, Ishika hugged her tight and the entire RC family came there to bless her. She smiled at Anirudh who was still standing on the stage and watching her.

Watching Kaka and Binoy right there, she went ahead to remove her graduation hat and take over her saree on the head. But Kaka stopped her immediately.

"Abhi ise pehne raho Bahu... apni baaki saheliyo ke saath hawa me uchhaalna... jaise sab karte hain ?" Kaka said giggling.

"Lekin Kaka Sasurji..."

" Bahu...Saree ke aanchal ko tum apne sar pe rakhti ho... hume izzat dene ke liye.... lekin aaj tumne jo haasil kiya hai... uske liye tum izzat ki haqdaar ho"

Bon smiled at him proudly.

After the ceremony was over, Bon was walking in the college garden remembering her days. Almost everyone had gone back home. She was lost in the memories when a familiar voice called out to her.

"Barriater Bondita Roy Choudhry?"

She knew it was him. Her Patibabu.

She turned around to find him at a distance. He was smiling proudly at her. He slowly stretched his arms open, and she ran towards him to hug him tight.

"Congratulations..." he said.

"Thank you... Sir..." she giggled.

"Sir?" He said teasingly.

She looked up at him.

"Bondita... I am proud of you..." he said softly.

"You should be proud of yourself too...." she said with tears in her eyes.

"I love you.." he replied with a smile.

"I love you too..." she said resting Her head on his chest. 

*************** The End **************

A/N : Thank you so much my readers. I've got immense love for this book and I'm glad you all liked it.
I stopped watching the show long time back, but there is just 1 book which is still pending. I'll be publishing it here very soon. I'm so grateful  for your patience ❤

Also, I  wanted to know if there are any Vincenzo fans out there among my readers. 🤣

Anyway, This story is so close to my hearts and Thanks a lot to each and everyone who voted!
Love u all!