And next to that? Ranboo, tied up to a pole and body limp.

An unexplainable rage soared through you, however your feet remained glued to the ground. The trees around the area had been cleared and chopped, leaving clear access to the sky- a door right to the incoming storm.

The distant lightning flashed around your eyes, a low rumble following seconds after. It as been a warning to those afraid of the water, to escape while they still could.

But with rope constraining his body, Ranboo had nowhere to go.

"This, men, is what happens to those who betray me after I so graciously save them- I pull you out of the trades, or away from the small towns that would soon burn anyways, and give you a role on my ship."

Malek placed his hand under Ranboo's jaw, stirring the hybrid awake. The captains grip tightened while lifting up your friends face, leaving his monochrome face in full view of all those watching.

You nearly bit a chunk of your lip off with how hard you had been biting it. The rage within you had began to bubble past your skin, leaning you forward without a plan.

"Today I will show you an Enderman's greatest fear- what causes them the most painful and beautiful death seen amongst the world." Releasing his grip on Ranboo, he took a step forward and gestured his arms out, a cocky smile stretched across his worn face. "I will show you what kind of pain traitors face with me."

As if on command, a rumble of thunder rolled through the forest, bring with it a few dribbles of rain. You felt the droplets land along your arms, trickling down to your hands. Ranboo, now awake and fully aware of what was happening, felt the first droplet of rain fall between his eyes- causing him to hiss with displeasure. The pirates around him laughed at the sight of such a natural occurrence in the Overworld effect him in such a painful way, their eyes catching onto the purple particles that floated off his body.

Each time another drop of rain landed on his skin, the laughter around him grew louder, allowing you to finally lose your mind. Within an instant you turned your body and flicked the flint across your sword, lighting the thick threat that would lead to all of the connected sticks of TNT you had generously left around the camp.

You didn't wait for the explosions to go off, rather you took off straight into Ranboo's direction, the male currently panting in hopes to contain the pain. The pirates took instant notice of your hand swinging your sword, the blade effectively slicing through the ropes that held your friend along the post.

"The rat!" Malek's voice was loud, and his hand reached to what you assumed to be his cutlass. He didn't have time to do anything after he saw the growing smirk on your face, watching as you clutched Ranboo's slump body closer and pressing your face into his shoulder.

His shouting was lost within the hundred sticks of TNT lighting the camp alight.

Bodies went flying, and the force had sent you and Ranboo a few feet back before settling into the now damp ground. You could feel small parts of dirt and other parts of people hit your skin, the rain quick to wipe away any crimson liquid spilling along the dirt.

You didn't waste any time- despite the ringing drowning out any other noise around you, the rain was still coming, and you could feel every twitch and hiss coming from Ranboo as it fell along his skin. Standing on your shaky legs, you helped Ranboo to his feet. At first you stumbled along the ground, avoiding the large craters created by the TNT placed around the camp. There was no sign of Fundy of Puffy, and by now you would have assumed they had fled the area in hopes to avoid the explosions.

"I can't-" Ranboo hissed harshly while the rain began to pound downwards, soaking his skin in mere seconds. Panicked, you leaned the hybrid along your shoulder for support, picking up the pace to find any type of shelter.

"You can Ranboo! Please, stay with me." You whimpered, feeling the heat across his once cool skin increase. It had been a defence his body put up, searing the water off his skin in hopes to protect his vitals, in turn it heated up his body temperature to something dangerous for an Endermen- and without the constant cool atmosphere of the End, there was nothing to keep the temperature down.

The rain seemed to only pour down harder, thunder rumbling as if laughing at you. At some point Ranboo had finally collapsed within your grasp, leaving you to practically drag him through the now damn soil. He had been tall- much taller than yourself, and dragging him was taxing your already sore and stiff body.

Ranboo's body was practically on fire at this point, burning your skin in return of the rains pain. A spark of hope flashed before you as lighting lit up the dark forest, eyes locking onto the dark cave ahead of you.

With a newfound strength, you moved along the ground and towards the cave, fixing your posture to hold Ranboo just a tad better. As soon as the endless pelting of the rain faded behind you, the caves cold and dry space welcoming you, you collapsed onto the stone. Careful to not let Ranboo experience anymore pain, you settled him carefully along the floor while your fingers fumbled with the eye in your pocket, noting how even through the explosions and falls, it reminded intact.

There hadn't been much time to gather your thoughts, collecting anything burnable within the contents of the cave and setting it ablaze with your flint and steel. The heat was welcomed to your cold hands, but you kept Ranboo far away with his increasing temperature. You had been careful as to take off any extra layers of clothing off yourself to dry, leaving you with just your blouse and pants. As for Ranboo, you hesitated, looking at how his face twisted with each twitch of his body. There had been no doubt he was in pain, and unlike the last time you had found him soaked to the bone, he had been exposed to the rain much longer.

Carefully, you began to peel back extra layers off his form, starting with his black jacket he had managed to snag, and his shoes that were sopping wet, leaving him in his dress shirt and pants.

The cold of the cave granted Ranboo just what he needed to fully dry off, the steam emitting from his body gently dispersing the higher it reached. With the rain still pouring down from outside, you could just barley make out the smoke from the explosions rising into the sky, a mark of just what you had been capable of.

After sitting by the fire to warm your fingers, you returned to care for Ranboo, whom was now sleeping in a calm and steady manner. No longer did his brow twitch in pain, nor did his breathing shudder, for the water had been taken care of, leaving behind fading scars along his skin.

But no matter how well he was now, it didn't stop your mind from recalling his pained screams from the rain. He had nearly died out there, the water stinging through his skin like acid, devouring his nerves and anything it touched. You only wished to have been able to rescue and hide him sooner, to prevent any of this from happening.

With the temporary safety of the storm, you gently nudged Ranboo's head along your lap, tangling your fingers in his hair. Perhaps if you couldn't prevent him from feeling pain in the rain, you could comfort him like he does for you.

With your fingers carding through his black and white hair, you leaned against the wall and closed your eyes, embracing the small pattering noise of the rain echoing throughout the cave.

»»——⍟——««