Chapter IV - The Encounter

THIRD PERSON'S POV

“RISE AND SHINE GUN! TODAY IS YOUR BIG DAY!”

Gun woke up as the ray of sunlight in his window pane peeked for him to open up his eyelids. Due to his cousin White, sudden opening of the curtains.

“What big day?”, Gun asked him as he rubbing his eyes to adjust his vision.

“Gun we just talked about this yesterday and you already forgot about it?”, White asked him in disbelief.

“We got a lot of talkings yesterday. Especially about your newest vampire sighting, which you absolutely blabbered non-stop. So how am I supposed to remember what were you referring now?”, Gun said as he looked at White bluntly.

White exhaled as he paved his way, and sat down at the edge of Gun's bed, “What I'm talking about is your orientation”.

“Orientation for what?”, Gun inquired with his eyebrows furrowed.

“Your orientation for school”, White stated in ‘does-it-not-look-kinda-obvious’ tone of his voice.

Gun was taken aback by White's remark, “It's today?”.

“Yes, and if you don't hurry up. We'll be late”, the latter said as he stood up, “Uncle already made breakfast downstairs”.

“Okay. I'll be there”, Gun said as he slightly nod and smiled.

“We'll wait for you! So hurry up! Chop! Chop!”, Gun chuckled as White clap his hands with his head peeking by the doorframe, before he proceed downstairs.

Gun smiled as he slightly shook his head from his cousin's antics. Now, he was just staring thin air with thoughts that his new life would really be starting as of now, and he is glad that everything working out just fine - along with this people around him; who was helping him to adapt easily in this foreign land.

~~~

With his hands in his chin - Gun stared at the outside world of the car's window as his earphones were plugged in, and as if he was filming a music video, the melodic flow of  Tiger JK's “Reset” playing - synchs at the passing movement of White's car at the busy street and high buildings scenery he was looking at.

‘A man in his 40s is found dead at the Scandinavian River. The police confirmed that the said man is named Hans Warner’

“What?!”

Gun was startled by White's voice and immediately took off his earphones as he look at the horrified expression of his face.

“White is there something wrong?”, Gun asked.

But White didn't replied, instead he stopped the car and increased the volume of the radio, which made Gun to keep silent, yet, worried is still plastered in his face by his cousin's actions and looked at the radio as he heard the broadcaster.

‘He died due to blood lost and was seen to have his neck broken, along with bite marks on his neck, just like what the previous deaths have’.

“Is this just like what you said to me yesterday? The serial killing case that Dad holds”, Gun asked which made White to nod as a reply.

“Hans. He was your father's close friend. I bet this news devastates him”, White said as it made Gun worried for the welfare of his father.

Earlier his father was happily flipping pancakes, and was resonating the whole room with his embarrassed  laughs as he learned that his pancakes were served burnt. However now, this news would changed that enthusiastic mood of his father upside-down.

“White can we check on Dad?”, Gun inquired.

“I don't know Gun. Since he was the one handling this case. I bet he was also busy today fixing the case of his friend. But we can visit him after our orientation”, White assured Gun which made the latter to breathe at ease and smiled as he nod.

White started the car once again after he let out a sigh and turned off the radio to prevent any depressing news to ruin their day.

Their whole ride was silent as it was a while ago. But this time, the atmosphere was heavy as both of their thoughts were flying towards a specific person, who they hope could cope up right away and was okay right now.

~~~

It took them 30 mins in listening to a very long discussion of the school's mission and vision, bragging their achievement, their events, their alumni, and took them on a tour around the institution - which is the only part where Gun really became attentive, due to the school humongous structure; one could really be lost in no time.

After their orientation, White drove them to a nearby famous pastry shop that White also gave knowledge to Gun, which made the latter to have an idea  to buy some cake for his Dad - to comfort him, and even brought a sandwich since he got hungry. White insisted to tag along inside but Gun didn't let him so, and paved alone inside the said store.

“Thank You for purchasing. Have a nice day!”, the woman in the counter said as she gave Gun his cake and sandwich, which Gun only smiled in return.

As Gun turn his back, he brought out his sandwich, opened it, and took a bite. But as he was walking, he accidentally bumped into someone, which made him to life his head to see who it was.

He felt something odd of a force pulling him into that person. His eyes were like a book that conveys hundreds of mysteries. He was so enchanted by this magnetic stares that made him lose track of the important thing that he must attend to right now.

“Hey dude! Are you even listening?!”, exclaimed by the man beside the person that Gun bumped into.

This also snapped Gun into reality, “I'm sorry”, he immediately said before he walked ahead leaving the two man to follow his walking figure outside the shop.

~~~
“It was him, Tay”.

Tay looked at him in bewilderment. He couldn't believe that the person that his friend was looking for was that small petite looking guy a while ago.

“Are you sure? It was him?”, Tay asked but the latter just glared.

Tay let out a defeated sigh, “Okay fine.. But do you got anything from him?”.

The latter just stared blankly at the latter as if he was drilling a hole in Tay's head.

“If he got away, and we couldn't find him once again. You'll gonna find yourself smelling the fresh ground as I buried you six feet underneath”.

“Fine”, Tay grumbled in defeat and grabbed his phone, dialed a number, and immediately spoke as the other line picked up.

“Bright follow that car who just left. The small guy who was in it. It was the one that Off was looking for”