1. Found Instead Of Finding

It's been two years since the end of Underworld: Awakening. Selene named her daughter Eve Cecelia Corvin and David has been a big help. Eve gets visions from her father every once in a while, but they never catch him. He's always gone before they get there. Selene has been in turmoil since they haven't found him. Raising Eve without Michael has been hard and there are times she seems cold and unworthy of love. This is of course due to the fact she lost her humanity over 600 years ago, but is slowly getting it back. However, without Michael, she's having a hard time maintaining what she has.

Eve is currently training with her mother as Selene thinks it's best she learns how to defend herself if they ever get separated. Sighing, Eve spoke. "I'm tired of this."

"Eve, you have to be able to defend yourself."

"Not this. I'm kind of excited about this. I'm talking about having these visions and then not catching him."

Realizing what she meant, she responded. "Your father." She said laying her knife down.

"I wanna meet him, but I can't keep doing this. It's exhausting and hurtful."

"Hurtful how, Baby?"

"My heart." She said tearing up.

Selene sighed and hugged her. Eve held her tightly and cried into her shoulder. Selene rubbed her back and kissed the top of her head. "Baby, don't think he won't love you. He'll be ecstatic. I know it seems like he doesn't want to be found, but he's just scared. I know Michael and he's just scared I'm dead. He's trying to find me. He just doesn't know how."

"Can't he follow your scent?" She asked pulling away to look at her.

"He doesn't know how to do that."

"It's natural instinct."

"I know. But he fights against it. He doesn't want to know. Ever since he was turned, he refused to learn how to adapt to the underworld. His new nature is a demon to him. He didn't ask for this. He was brought into our war against his will. Just like I was. I lost my humanity, but he didn't. That's the difference. That's why he refuses to learn. It took him six months to adapt to drinking blood. The rest he still refuses to learn."

"But I didn't."

"That's because you were never human. You were born this way. Not bitten like me and your father."

The door to the basement opens and David walks down interrupting them. "Selene, you might wanna come upstairs a minute."

Selene nodded and followed him up to the living room. When they get there, she sees someone she never thought she'd see again. "Michael?" She whispered.

"Hi."

She ran to him and kissed him passionately for a full minute. When she pulled away, she spoke. "You have no idea how long we've been apart. How much you missed."

"I haven't seen you in two years. How much could I have possibly missed?"

"What feels like two years has actually been fourteen years."

"What are you talking about?"

"I have proof, but it's gonna shock you at first."

"Show me."

She nodded and went down to the basement to get Eve. "Hey. I have something for you."

"What is it?"

"Come up and see for yourself."

Eve nodded and followed her. When she gets there, she freezes. "She's the proof?"

"Yes. Michael, she's ours. I never knew until two years ago when she freed me. I have no recollection of giving birth, I never even knew I was pregnant. When I was freed, I was told twelve years had passed. I thought you were dead until I was on a quest to save her and I came across your chamber. I freed you then saved her. We came to get you and you were gone. She saw you on the roof and we came to get you there. But you were gone again. We searched for you for the last two years, but every time we came to where she saw you, you were gone. Now you found us. How?"

"By accident. I was looking for a quick shelter and when David opened the door, I smelled you. Your scent hit me like a giant boulder. I knew you were still here and I asked him for you."

"I guess that makes sense. So, what do you think? About our daughter I mean."

"She's beautiful. Looks like you. Except my eyes." He replied really looking at Eve. "What's your name?"

"Eve Cecelia Corvin." Eve replied shyly.

"It's beautiful." He said then looked at Selene. "How'd you come up with it?"

"Eve because she's the first hybrid child like Eve in the bible. And Cecelia was my sister's name. I gave her your last name because she's your daughter."

Michael didn't respond. He walked over and pulled her in for a quick kiss. "I love it. And I love you."

"I love you too."