Chapter 19

"Mitch."

Stiles heard it echo in his head. He opened his eyes to find himself in his room. On his bed. Sun shining through the window. He was dazed and confused. Why was he here? Where is his father? He went to sit on the bed and just then his bedroom door opens.

"Hey kid- Oh you're up." Stiles saw his dad standing at the door. In that moment Stiles felt so much relief wash over him, he couldn't help running up to the Sheriff and hugging him so hard nearly knocking him off his feet.

"Woah. You okay?" Noah asked as he looked down at his son confused and a bit worried. "Y-Yea. I'm fine." Stiles said tightening his grip on his father and giving him one final squeeze before letting go.

His father looked at him with a happy but confused expression as he turned around and made his way downstairs. Stiles went to the bathroom and walked up to the sink. He got ready to brush his teeth but when he looked up in the mirror he saw the one in his dream. Mitch.

He blinked and he was gone. Stiles just shook it off and brushed his teeth and washed his face. He went downstairs, still in his pajamas, and went into the living room. He was about to sit down but as his butt hit the couch the scene in front of him changed.

He was now in a car. He was in the driver seat and he wasn't driving but the car was moving. Or so he thought. When he looked up at the windshield he saw them. His memories. Everyone just rushing past him.

Scott and him in front of the school talking about Scott's bite. Stiles running to Lydia trying to save her from Peter. Stiles and Rafe talking about his dad. Stiles calling Derek a Sourwolf. Derek punching Stiles' hand.

Sacrificing himself for his dad. Stiles in the basement of Eichen House with the nogitsune whispering in his ear as Oliver held the drill closer and closer to Malia's head. Allison shooting the taser at him. Watching Void crumble.

Getting forgotten by everyone. Scott and Stiles on the cliff. Stiles stopping Scott from killing himself. Erica. Boyd. Allison. Aiden. He watched as they all passed by him but then something happened.

Memories of 'Mitch' starting showing up. Stiles closed his eyes and wanted so bad for it to stop. He didn't want to see his life. When Stiles opened his eyes again he knew he wasn't Stiles anymore. Stiles died that day on the beach.

His name is Mitch. Mitch sat up on his bed. The white sheets and blue walls being familiar. He knew he was in the hospital. He looked around and just then noticed the girl who's head laid on the bed and who was holding his hand.

Mitch smiled down at her 'Annika.' He brought a hand and gently caressed her hair. She moved a little before taking a deep breath in and bring her head up. She eyes shot open and she threw herself at him. He immediately wrapped his arms around her, taking in her scent.

"I thought I lost you. Oh god I love you Mitch." She whispered in his ear, not realizing she had said it out loud. He was surprised at first but it quickly went away. He buried his face in the crook of her neck as he said with a smile "I love you too."

___________________________________

2 years later...

Mitch had been released from the hospital a few days after he had woken up. He was out for a couple of weeks which gave his body time to heal. He knew what he wanted to do so a week after being released Mitch bought an engagement ring and proposed to Annika.

It was a simple engagement, nothing big or extravagant. He didn't know when he was going to do it but the day before they were going to leave Beacon Hills, they had a small dinner at the Stilinski-McCall house.

Everyone was laughing and reminiscing about old times and Mitch just looked at Annika and knew. This was it. So he pulled out the ring from his pocket and he didn't have it in a velvet box. He had it on a chain so that she could wear it on missions without it bothering her.

He didn't go down on one knee. Instead, he walking up to her while she was leaning against the wall. She looked at him questioningly before she looked down at him palm which was stretched out to her.

"Annika Ogden, will you marry me?" She was shocked but quickly smiled up at him and said "Only if you marry me too." They got married a few months after and had gone on multiple missions since then.

They were partners at work and they were partners in life. They were living up to be the greatest assassins in the whole of CIA, government history.

So now as Mitch and Annika sat on the sandy beach listening to the waves crash and looking up at the moon and stars while Annika occasionally rubbed her pregnant belly Mitch couldn't help but think

'I wish dad was here.' and as he thought this he saw two stars closer to the moon shine just a little bit brighter.

The End.

___________________________________

I hope you guys like this chapter and the book.
It's been an intense ride.
Thank you so much.
Catch you on the flip side, much love. ✌️💕