. . . 𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀-𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹. "𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬"

( LOVE AGAIN )
( chapter twenty-four ! )
( ❝ confusion and sadness ❞ )

🌷💞🌸🐷🎀🌺
━━━━ 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚 !

"CAN YOU PLEASE quiz me for this test I upsettingly have to take tomorrow?"
Lily asked as she looked over at Leilani who was lounging on the freshly made full-sized bed, mindlessly scrolling through Twitter.

     Leilani immediately nodded her head at her friend's request. "Of course. This will be my payment for you letting me camp out here practically all day."

     The 'here' that the dark-skinned girl was referring to was Lily's apartment she shared with two other people that was located close by her college, UCLA. The two of them had been there practically all day after Leilani came over bearing Starbucks drinks in her hands.

     Leilani didn't really like being alone these days. It had been two weeks since her break up with Tom and her realization of feelings for Harry, and things still felt exactly how they did the night it all happened; sad and confusing.

     Anytime she was left alone with her own thoughts, they would quickly begin to spiral and she would enter a depressive state as she thought about her failed relationship and the feelings she had toward someone who she was supposed to be over.

     Yesterday she paid Zendaya a visit on the set of Euphoria as they filmed a few special Summer episodes before beginning season three in the Fall. And the day before that, she hung out with Charlie and went thrifting with him.

     Her friends completely understood what was happening with her. This was just her "thing" after she'd get out of a relationship. However, this time was different because she hadn't just broken up with someone because the relationship went downhill. She broke up with someone because she loved someone else.

     And instead of trying to properly address and process all of what she was feeling, she simply continued to let herself be distracted by spending all of her time with her friends. Was it the best thing to do? No. But, for the moment, it felt completely right. Even reading off random Psychology terms to Lily felt right.

     "Okay, that's enough studying for now, my brain feels like it's actually going to explode," Lily said and sighed before looking at Leilani and smiling. "Instead, can we talk about the Indie movie you're starring in, and how Logan fucking Lerman is the main male role. If you wanna maybe slip him my number when you meet, I would not be opposed to that."

     Leilani had found out about the role a couple days ago, not too long after she did the screen test for it, and internally she was still beaming over it. The script seemed amazing to her and she loved working on new projects. And another plus was that doing this movie would be a great way to keep her mind off of things. However, filming didn't start for another three months.

     "I'm ninety percent sure he has a girlfriend," Leilani told her.

     "Okay, that sucks, but that doesn't mean we can't become best friends," Lily was quick to rebuttal and smiled widely. "Anyway, though, where are you gonna be filming again? Will I be able to visit you every hour of everyday?"