(1) Temporary Home

°°°°°°°。゜。°°°

"Alright passengers, we're happy to announce that we have finally arrived to Japan. In thirty minutes, we will be settling in for landing. The skies are looking clear as the weather today is 25 degrees celsius. As of now, the arrival destination time is around 6:05. Please remained seated, and keep your phones off."

Thank god.

Even as your ears popped with an excruciating ache, and your body went stiff from staying seated for at least 15 hours, relief washed over you as soon as you heard the pilot speak.

There were many awful decisions you made— and you could probably count them down with your fingers. But riding on a low budget plane in economy class was the absolute worse.

If I hear that baby scream one more time—

Then again, this was pretty sudden. It wasn't really your decision if we're being honest, more like your family. Usually when you went to Japan, it'd be during summer and spring break. You'd be with your family in a much better airplane. And then, you guys had to stay at the Miya residence— home to your cousins, Atsumu and Osamu Miya.

When you got there, you'd be constantly teased by the twins. And you were forced to sleep in their stupid bunk bed as your parents got the guest room.

Not exactly luxurious, but it was so memorable that in a way— Japan became your second home.

It was way better than your town anyways.

This was the first time you traveled alone. It was a little scary at first, you thought you went into the wrong terminal for a second and quickly had to call for help. Plus, you were pretty sure you got scammed at the airports dunkin' donuts. 7 dollars for an everything bagel was highway robbery.

You weren't even prepared for the trip, you only figured out with a one week notice. There you were in your bedroom, printing out photo cards and posters for the walls— when your parents came in with the announcement.

"Y/N, we've decided that it's better for you to stay in Japan for a while..."

You had to act clueless, but of course you knew why.

She's never gonna get better if she stays in this same environment.

Truthfully, you didn't think there were any issues in your life. Just some minor problems that you easily could've fixed.

People said that I was ugly, so I got prettier. What's the harm in that?

Apparently, your parents and doctor saw something that you didn't, and next thing you knew— you were on a last minute Spirit flight to Japan.

There were some perks to this though. If you wanted to be a little extra, you could start thinking of this as the debut Y/N L/N.

Your life before was over— there was a new and improved you that you had worked months on to improve.  All the work and effort you put into this moment, it was going to pay off.

And it finally did.

The moment you've been dreaming of had finally arrived, you had gotten your glow up. It was the best you that you could possibly be.