7 Minutes In Heaven

I grasp the doorknob and pull it toward me, feeling a rush of air as the door swings closed. I open the door just a crack so I'm able to see them, my heart pounding wildily in my chest.

"Our birthday girl's in the closet." Alyssa states, the devious grin never leaving her pale face.

"Which lucky boy wants to go first?" Hanna whispers, but before anyone can say anything, she holds up her hand as if to signal everyone to be quiet, and walks over to where I'm crouched on the floor, peeking through the slit in the door. "Just in case." Hanna reaches over, and fully shuts the door. I sigh, leaning my back against the wall with closed eyes. And I wait.

Someone rattles the doorknob and I quickly pull the blindfold over my eyes.  A body crouches next to me for a while when finally, they release the blindfold from the knot tied around the back of my dark auburn hair and I carefully open my eyes, staring into the most gorgeous emerald eyes I have ever seen, and I know right away, Chance.

"Hey." he whispers, taking in a deep breath and exhaling.

"Hi." I nervously play with a stray string hanginng from the bottom of my light yellow shirt. I bet the rest of them were listening to us, waiting to hear the sound of lip's locking, maybe even rejection.  But if you said you were going to be a participant in 7 Minutes In Heaven, you would actually play, or else you would be considered a "chicken". So we all played the game, really whether you actually wanted to or not. Out of nowhere, the closet begins to shake.

"Chance!" I scream, suddenly surrounded by pitch black air and movement. 

"Sophia!" I reach out in search of his hand, and finally find it, holding onto it firmly.  I try to look for a way out of the closet, but can only find vast emptyness. I find an opening... But it's not the way we came in.