⤷ 10| THE HOGWARTS HIGH INQUISITOR

Începe de la început

Among those eccentric decisions are undoubtedly the controversial staff appointments previously described in this newspaper, which have included the employment of werewolf Remus Lupin, half-giant Rubeus Hagrid and delusional ex-Auror, 'Mad-Eye' Moody.

Rumors abound, of course, that Albus Dumbledore, once Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards and Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot, is no longer up to the task of managing the prestigious school of Hogwarts.

'I think the appointment of the Inquisitor is a first step towards ensuring that Hogwarts has a headmaster in whom we can all repose our confidence,' said a Ministry insider last night.

Wizengamot elders Griselda Marchbanks and Tiberius Ogden have resigned in protest at the introduction of the post of Inquisitor to Hogwarts.

'Hogwarts is a school, not an outpost of Cornelius Fudge's office,' said Madam Marchbanks. 'This is a further disgusting attempt to discredit Albus Dumbledore.'

(For a full account of Madam Marchbanks's alleged links to subversive goblin groups, turn to page seventeen.)"

Juniper finished reading and looked up at Alicia, Angelina, Fred, George and Lee.

"So now we know how we ended up with Umbridge!" Alicia exclaimed. "Fudge passed this 'Educational Degree' and forced her on us! And now he's given her the power to inspect the other teachers!"

"I can't believe this," Angelina breathed. "This is outrageous!"

"I know it is," June said, glancing at her right hand.

Fred placed his hand on hers. "Well, I can't wait to see McGonagall inspected," he said, grinning.

"There's a chance they won't inspect McGonagall when we're having her," June pointed out.

"We better get to Charms," Alicia said, glancing at her watch. "Maybe we'll get inspected there."

"Maybe, I rather not, though," June said, standing up and taking her bag. "It's bad we have to see Umbridge once a week, I don't want to make that twice."

Unfortunately, luck wasn't on her side.

☆ ☆ ☆

Juniper sighed in relief when Charms was finally over. Umbridge had been inspecting Flitwick and June had tensed up ever time that woman came to close to her.

The six of them were making their way back for lunch and sat down next to Hermione, Harry and Ron.

"I got a P," Ron was telling Hermione, ladling soup into his bowl. "Happy?"

"Well, that's nothing to be ashame of," Fred said. "Nothing wrong with a good healthy P."

"But," Hermione began, "doesn't P stand for —"

"Poor, yeah," Lee said. "Still, better than D, isn't it? Dreadful?"

June noticed Harry tensing up slightly and she gave him a questioning look but he ignored her.

"So top grade's O for Outstanding," Hermione was saying, "and then there's A —"

"No, E," George corrected her, "E for Exceeds Expectations. And I've always thought Fred and I should've got E in everything, because we exceeded expextations just by turning up for the exams."