"Harry!" Em scolds me, but I keep my eyes on the field.

"Shit," Jared notices, "was that Jamie?" he asks, standing from his seat like I've been almost all game.

"Oh no, I'll go see if he's okay," I say, but Em holds me back as Jared makes his way down the stairs before I can.

"Let Jared, he is his dad," Em tells me.

"Who the fuck shoves a kid on the field?"

"Harry, language! There are families all around us!"

"Sorry, but I don't want Jamie to get hurt. Plus, someone needs to put that kid in their place," I say back.

"There's nothing you can do about it. Let's just focus on making Jamie feel better. I guarantee he's not going back out on the field after that," Em says, gesturing to the sidelines where Jared is kneeled in front of a crying Jamie.

When I see Jared pick up Jamie and start to walk over to us, I look out to make sure Mason is okay, but by the looks of it I don't think he even noticed his brother is gone. He's too invested in the game, it's quite adorable.

"Hey, buddy. Are you okay?" Em asks Jamie as Jared sets him on her lap. He wraps his arms around her neck as she holds him. His head lays on her shoulder and is turned towards me so I can see his red eyes and pink, tearstained cheeks.

"Daddy said I'll be okay," Jamie says in his tiny voice.

"That's right, you're very strong, Jamie. You'll be just fine," Em comforts him, "Do you want to turn around and watch your brother?"

"No," Jamie shakes his head, "Hi Uncle Harry."

"Hi Jamie," I smile at the boy and scoot closer to Em so that she's sandwiched between Jared and I now. "I saw you playing out there, you looked like you were having a lot of fun."

"Yeah, I kind of like soccer, but Mason likes it more than I do," Jamie responds, still in a weak, tired, voice from crying.

"He does really like it, doesn't he," I say back.

"Hey, Jamie," I lean down to whisper in his ear, "How about we all go out for ice cream after the game to celebrate. Does that sound fun?"

Jamie's ears perk up like a dog who's just seen a squirrel. "Ice cream?"

"Yeah, let's celebrate your and Mason's first game!" I whisper-yell.

"I don't want to go with Mason," Jamie frowns, climbing from Em's lap to mine, relieving her of the extra pressure on her stomach.

"Why not? Is something wrong?"

"I don't like soccer, but Mason does. He's good at it and I'm not. I don't want to celebrate the game with him, because- because it makes me sad. We always have to do things together, but I don't want to! I don't like the things he likes!" Jamie starts to get a little worked up but makes sure to keep his voice down letting me know that he wants only me to hear this.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Jamie. Do you want me to ask your dad if we can get ice cream just the two of us together?" I ask and he nods.

"Okay, I'll ask him and then we can talk more about this when we're at the ice cream shop, okay?"

"Okay."

"I want to finish watching Mason play first, is that okay?"

"Yeah," Jamie answers me and turns in my lap so that he's able to see the field but still securely cuddled in my arms.

When the game finishes, I make sure it's okay with Jared that Jamie and I get ice cream separately. I didn't tell him why Jamie was so upset yet, but he said it was okay for me to take him.