"Goodness no Gia! Paola is the daughter of an underboss, having her killed would cause too many problems. Cristiano probably just had her sent to another city where she couldn't bother him." She says, clearly amused. I let out a sigh of relief, and we go back to chatting about other things.

Suddenly I feel someone standing behind me. I turn around to see Cristiano, smiling at Rosa and I.

"And what are you ladies talking about?" He asks, sitting down next to me.

"Oh just chatting Don. But I'll let you have your wife back." Rosa says, getting up from her seat. She winks at me before walking away. I liked her. She seemed like she genuinely wanted to be my friend. Probably because she had experienced similar things that I had been going through. Being a woman in the Mafia wasn't an easy task, no matter who you were.

"I'm glad you and Rosa are close." Cristiano says.

"Me too." I say, with a small smile on my face.

He pulls me a little closer.

"You look beautiful." He whispers into my ear. I look up at him in surprise. He rarely ever said that to me, if he had ever even said it at all.

"Th-thank you." I say nervously. Him being affectionate made me nervous. From the look on his face he knew that, I think he liked making me nervous.

Out of no where, Sergio comes running up to Cristiano and I.

"Don, there's a problem outside!" Sergio says gravely. Cristiano gets up from his seat, and walks over to him.

"What kind of problem?" Cristiano asks, clearly angry.

"It's the guards outside sir, they aren't responding to their radios, and no one can reach them."

"Why the hell not?!" Cristiano shouts, causing people to look over in our direction.

Suddenly the doors of the building burst open, and a hoard of men come walking in. Their all dressed in black, everyone around me gasps and starts backing away. When I look more closely, I can see they all have a symbol on their coats. The Genovese symbol.

I immediately get up and stand behind Cristiano. He knows I'm behind him, but he doesn't turn around to look at me. His eyes are focused on one man, who stands in the very middle of the group of Genovese men. It's the leader of the Genovese clan. I don't know his name, all I know is that he murdered Cristiano and I's parents. He is our sworn enemy.

"What in the fuck do you think you're doing here Vincenzo?" Cristiano snarls at the man in the middle.

"Oh, Don Seratorre! No need to be so hostile! I just thought I'd pay you a little visit on this tragic day." Vincenzo says mockingly. Cristiano's fists clench, and he reaches into his pocket, pulling out a knife. A few of our guards and associates move behind us. I could sense something bad was about to happen.

Vincenzo's eyes move to me.

"This must be your lovely bride. I hope you plan to protect her well, it would be a shame if such a beauty were to die so young." He says, pulling out his knife.

Suddenly Cristiano runs forward. I reach out to stop him, but it's too late. He and Vincenzo start punching and striking each other down. All the men behind me rush to join in the fight and defend Cristiano. The Genovese members follow suit. Before I can even blink, there is a mass fight full of almost 60 men, and I can't even tell who's winning.

I feel someone grab my arm, and I almost slap them, before I see that it's Sergio.

"We need to get you out of here." He says. I nod, and follow him out a back door of the building, and to the limo. I immediately climb in, and Sergio shuts the door.

"Wait here, until the Don comes back. If anyone besides me or the Don tries to get in the car you need to drive away." Sergio says to the driver, then immediately runs back to the building.

I sit there nervously. In the next few minutes my life could change forever. I just wanted to live a life where I didn't have to worry about being slaughtered, every second of the day. I prayed to god that Cristiano was ok. I hated the fact that I was so dependent on him. But how could I not be?

He was all I had.

Giada's Dress ⬆️

Giada's Dress ⬆️

i want to thank you guys so much for getting this story to over 20k reads! it means a lot to me that people actually like what i write. don't forget to vote and comment! 💜💜💜 oh and sorry about the cliffhanger 😙