Kai chuckles, his secretary is too cute. "I'm teasing, babe. It's okay. You're very pretty to stare at."

"Thanks?" Sehun is blushing. "Cardigans suit you. Maybe I should make it secretary's uniform so I can see you wear it every day." The CEO exclaims, smirking in his direction.

"I'm flattered, Mr.Kim" he giggles, his cheeks are burning though. Kai loves to see Sehun blush, it's a really nice view to look at. "Sehun, are you dating or seeing anyone?"

"Not at the moment, sir. I'm too busy." the last time he was in a serious relationship was 2 years ago.

Kai smiles smugly, "No one deserves you anyway. You're way too good." he shrugs. Sehun stammers "No comments on that." he looks away shyly.

Kim Kai knows damn well how to flirt, one compliment from Kai wearing a smirk can make Sehun's legs go jelly, and his heart burst.

-//-

Sehun accompanies the CEO to lunch with his brother, "Wagyu Steak with Pinot Noir Wine," Sehun orders for Kai, he knows Kai's favorite dishes from certain restaurants. "and Shrimp Alfredo for me. That will be it"

The waiter notes down their order on the tablet he's holding. "Your food will be ready in a minute," Kai stares at Sehun with love-struck eyes, Sehun is just perfect. He cares more about Kai than a secretary should.

Sehun started working at Kim Corps as an intern at first but since he is very smart, the boy has 4 degrees. Kai personally interviewed Sehun and he was both struck by his professionalism and beauty. That's how Sehun became the CEO's secretary.

Minseok arrives after they order, "Long time no see, Lil bro." he pats Kai's shoulders. "Sehunnie!" the elder brother hollers pulling him in a hug. Kai's family adores Sehun.

Kai scoffs "The wrong brother!"

"Oh please, you're 28. Stop being jealous." Minseok glares at his younger brother. Sehun giggles and Kai's expression soften, the elder brother notices it and looks at them suspiciously.

"Kai, mom wants you to. get married as soon as possible." Minseok starts. Kai groans making a face "I don't want to yet." he whines like a kid. "Jennie Kim-"

"Stop asking me to marry Mandu, I was the one who introduced her boyfriend to her." he cuts Minseok off. "I'm kidding, Lil bro. Marriage is your choice. I just have something to discuss the hotel you are renovating in Jeju."

Kai smirks "Great location, hmm? I snatched the place right out of Kim Junmyeon's hands." he's proud of it apparently. Sehun chokes on his lemonade, he knew Kai bought the place but he didn't know it was from his ex-boyfriend.

"Sehun, are you okay?" Kai asks in concern. The younger nods "I'm okay."

For the rest of the lunch, Sehun eats his pasta quietly while listening to the brothers. He makes sure to remember things he thinks are important because Kai is forgetful sometimes.

On the car ride back to the company, Kai notices his secretary is awfully quiet. "Sehun, are you okay? If you are not you can take the day off."

"No, Mr.Kim. I'm alright. Can I ask you something?" Sehun asks nervously looking at the CEO. Kai nods and Sehun gives it a go "Um- I-... Kim Junmyeon-"

"Ah, your ex-boyfriend." Kai acknowledges. He's wearing his usual smirk. The younger male is surprised because Kai knows his relationship with Junmyeon? But at the same time, he's not really surprised. Maybe Kai did a background check on him before he started working there.

"I know why you guys broke up too. I hate that bastard for it. That's why I always take away his important projects" the man looks perfectly serious.

"I'm sorry, Mr.Kim" tears are gathering in the corner of Sehun's eyes. It hurts just thinking about the break-up. Kai sighs "What are you apologizing for? It's okay to cry." he reassures the boy.

"Jake, drive to Sehun's apartment instead," Kai orders the driver who awkwardly nods eyeing them from the back mirror. Even though Sehun wants to protest, it would be nicer just to rest.

"Rest today, let your feelings out. I'm sorry I brought his name up." Kai apologizes. He gives Sehun tissue to wipe the tears. The younger thanks him.

He cried for the rest of the day bundled up in blankets. Junmyeon, he misses Junmyeon but it's impossible for them now. It's time for him to move on for good.

Hii! Welcome to my new story. I hope you will be with me for the rest of the story. Thank you so much for reading! Stay Safe, Take Care and I Love You So Much! ❤️

Votes and Comments are really appreciated. See you in the next chapter! 💜