Proposition

The hot summer air filled my lungs as I sat on the bench. The garden was so lovely in the summer, but was dreadful to be in at the same time. It was so quiet to the point you just wanted to scream. The guards would watch from every corner leaving you to do nothing but to think or to leave, and trust me leaving wasn't much better either. I made my way back into the castle as slowly as I possibly could. The thought of mother or father trying to get me to marry is just ripping my soul out just thinking about it. I have dreaded the thought of marriage ever since I was a child. It's not a topic I particularly like to discuss. The castle was gorgeous at night but know one but me ever acknowledged its real beauty.

My beautiful light blue dress swayed down the empty corridor as I made my way to my bedroom. My brother and I never talked, so it got quite lonely in this empty castle. I have never been outside the grounds before, mother and father say it's too dangerous for a young lady like me to be out in the real world. Of course I do not believe a word they say. I was raised as a princess, my mother was raised a princess, and my father was raised a prince, along with my brother. So we were the lucky ones. Mother says that all the commoners were born to worship us, and they are just useless humans doing our bidding. Father and brother of course think the same, but I believe we are all the same,  just some are more lucky than others.

I sat on my bed thinking of another excuse to tell my mother of where I've been. She's placed a curfew on me from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, and if i'm not in my bed at the correct time, then it gets ugly real fast.                  

 "Where the hell have you been!" My mother practically screamed.

"Just out in the garden." I replied trying to remain as calm as possible.

"Your curfew is eight pm, it is eleven!"

"I'm sorry mama, I lost track of the time."

"If you can't learn to respect your fathers and my wishes, then maybe you shouldn't leave at all!"

"No mama, you can't do that!"

'I have already done it." She said this in a more calm tone but just as serious.

"Now, since you already are awake, perhaps you should come join me and your father downstairs."

"Of course mama" I replied, terrified of what is to come next.

I walked down the barley lit corridors, confused as they would want to talk to me. It's usually my brother who gets all the attention. After all he is the heir to the royal family. They would only talk to me if I was in trouble or if it was about me marrying. They're probably just going to tell me how lovely all the princes are, and that I should be grateful to even speak their names. It's as if they worship them.

"Vivvian as you must know you are about to be 18 years old" My father stated.

"Yes of course." I replied.

"At a certain age (18) you are required to either be married by then or you will be forced into a marriage with our choice." My mother finished.

"You aren't going to say what I think you're going to say, right?" I said, seemingly scared.

"Vivvian we gave you two years to find someone, and you didn't even care to look." My father remarked.

"That's because I don't want to marry, I could care less about some stinky boy trying to take my hand!" I stated getting angry.

"Well it's not your choice anymore, you are to marry Prince Fredric by the end of the year, no complaining or there will be even more consequences." My mother said, happy that I wont be here anymore.

"So you're just going to ship me off like i'm some pig getting sold!" I replied.

"Well we are getting $1600 off of you." My father said, seemingly calm.

"Excuse me!" I practically yelled.                                                                                                                        

"Watch your tone young lady, now off to bed before I have to get a guard involved.

I practically ran out of there. I cant believe there trying to sell me to some poor prince who couldn't even get his country to like him. I cant stay here and be there stupid little lady. I cant i'm leaving.