ch. six

You wake up in a white room with a clock hanging at the other side of the room. It's 4 p.m. and Keigo is sitting on a chair next to the bed you're in, half asleep. He stretches his arms when he notices you're awake.

"How are you feeling?" he asks calmly. You can see he has a few scratches and wounds on his body. "What happened?" you ask concerned. "Your ex happened. He... tried to kill us with his car, and drove of after that. You were unconscious so I called an ambulance."

"I'm sorry. So so sorry."

You start tearing up, thinking about the danger you're putting this man in. Dabi is a dangerous guy. He'll go as far as he can to get you back. But you don't want to go back to him.
"Hey... It's fine. I'll help y-"

"No! You don't even know what you're doing, putting yourself in danger like that!" you yell while looking down at your hands. Your vision is blurry and you feel tears dripping down your face.

You feel a hand on your cheek. "I'm going to help you through this. I can't just walk away from you after all this." he says with a soft smile.

A few minutes later, a doctor walks in. Your mom is walking right next to her, looking worried. "How are you feeling, y/n?" the doctor asks calmly. "I- I'm fine, I think." you answer. "Turns out you have a slight concussion. You'll probably feel a bit hazy the next few days, but you'll be fine."

"What happened?" your mom asks with a worried look on her face. She knows about all the stuff Dabi did, so now she suspects he's behind everything bad that happens to you. She isn't wrong this time though...

"A car ran into us from our right side. They probably lost control or something, and since y/n was sitting on the right side, she got most of the impact." Keigo says. "And... who are you?" your mom responds. "My name is Keigo. We met last night and were l getting milkshakes before I was going to bring her home, and well... All this happened."

You don't necessarily mind him leaving out the details since you don't want your mom to worry about you anymore.

Your mom looks at you, then back at Keigo. "I see..." she then says. "Then... Would you mind taking care of her tonight? I was supposed to visit family with her tonight, but she needs to take it easy."

"Gladly." Keigo says with a little smile.

Your mom drove you two home, and grabbed some little snacks she made for the family gathering. "I'm sorry, I can't take you with me right now..." she says while pouting. "Mom, I'll be fine, just go." you say, a little embarrassed. She smooches you on the forehead, winks at Keigo, and walks out the door.

For a moment you just awkwardly stand there, facing Keigo, not knowing what you're gonna do while this guy's in your house. Your stomach grumbles, which reminds you that you haven't eaten since the chicken nuggets from this morning.

"Hehe. How about... We make some food together?" you ask him, hoping he can cook since you can't cook for shit. "Hmmm... Depends on what you wanna make." he says while taking a step closer to you, looking deeply into your eyes. Your heartbeat speeds up. "U-uhh pizza?" you quickly say.

He smiles. "Pizza it is then."

You basically almost burnt the house down, being clumsy, while Keigo was just laughing his ass off the entire time. The two pizza's looked like a mess together, but they actually tasted really well.

You decided that you were going to watch a movie after cleaning up the kitchen.

You let yourself sink into the couch and lays down. "Now... Where am I supposed to sit when you lay on the couch like that?" Keigo says in an snarky tone. "On the ground." you respond back.

He surprisingly listens and sits on the floor in front of you.

He looks like he's really trying to enjoy the movie, even though he doesn't look like he personally likes it.

He turns around and looks at you, like he knew you were staring at him, and you feel your face heat up. "Are you... enjoying the movie?" he asks nervously. "Not really to be honest." you respond. "Well then why don't we turn it off?" he says while turning around to face you.

That night, you two just talked about a lot of stuff. From Keigo growing up with a single father to you growing op with a shitty father, who later left you two for another woman. You also talked about your previous relationship, and how it scarred you.

It's been a while since you opened up to someone. It feels good, being able to trust someone like that...