She loved stroking it, because to her — that was her auntie Leiah and uncle Draco.

Blaise and Dean had adopted her, years after the war — years after his best friends had passed, and to his misery, they never got to meet the angel he called his daughter.

It hurt, watching his child loving a gravestone — missing someone she never had the chance to meet. His bones crumbled as he thought of it.

His eyes fell over the text carved into the rock, and once again, he smiled.

He was happy.

He was peaceful because he knew that Leiah and Draco always had each other, no matter in which heaven they ended up in,

They were together. They were protected and safe in the place he had put them to rest.

'' Darling.'' Dean shouted from behind him, '' Not to be rude, but Narcissa is waiting, and the food is ready.''

Blaise nodded, turning back to look at his daughter as she played with the flower she had placed on the stone.

'' It's time to go, princess, but we'll see them again next week — isn't that right?'' His arms stretched out as she jumped into them, '' What is it we always say, love?''

She buried her head in his chest as he hugged her close, her fingers toyed with the necklace hanging around her neck,

The same necklace Leiah had been carrying. The jewelry Draco had given her, now coated his daughter's neck.

'' We will always come back for them.'' She giggled, arching her neck to look up at her father, '' But why, dad? Why do we say that?''

Blaise huffed, tucking a brown lock behind her ear, '' You see. Your auntie Leiah and uncle Draco, they told each other all kinds of promises, all the time, but they weren't that good of keeping them.''

She nodded. Her eyes glistened as she looked curious.

'' So, we need to keep their promises for them.''

Blaise held her with all he had as he peered over her shoulder — looking down at the gravestone that had their names on it.

'' And that is a promise I'll keep to you, Leiah Malfoy Zabini—'' He bent back, looking proudly at his daughter while speaking her name.

'' We will always come back for them.''

'' Pinky swear?'' She made a grimace, stretching her hand up in between them as she stuck out her little finger,

'' Pinky swear.'' Blaise's finger tangled with hers, and both of them laughed at it.

'' Now, you have to say bye-bye to auntie Leiah and Uncle Draco because we have to go.'' Blaise kneeled down with his daughter hugged to his chest,

"Say bye-bye, darling.''

Her hand shifted in the air as she waved it to the stone, '' Bye-bye, auntie Leiah and uncle Draco.''

He stood tall on his feet again, taking a step forward as he settled his own hand on the majestic rock.

'' Goodbye, love. I love you both.'' Blaise mumbled, in the parting with his best friends.

He felt the warmth of happiness rush throughout him, '' And Draco—'' He sought to mock,

'' You better look after her until I come back.''

He stepped back, his daughter in his arms played with his tie, and just as he was walking away, he stopped, placing a hand on the gravestone next to Leiah and Draco's.

'' Hi, Luna.'' He smiled, '' Do you want to say hi to auntie Luna too, before we leave?''

The girl shifted around in his hold, waving at the stone, '' Hi, auntie Luna. I miss you.''

They walked away — Blaise with his daughter in his arms.

It was bittersweet — beautifully sad yet breathtaking.

He knew they were safe now and that they were waiting for him — that he one day would reconcile with the people he grew to love so badly.

Leiah, Draco, and Luna.

People come into your life. They take what they wish for, and then — they leave you, usually a little more broken and fragile than how they found you, but not them.

They gave him everything.

It would always be them to him.

As her mother once said — a memory is a star or a stain, but not them.

They lived to be everything.

Forever.

The end.