Chapter 1: How it Begins

Clara's POV:

"So, Clara," Phillip who is the head hunter of the Hunter's Society, leaned in closer to me whisper, "What do you think of your brother's new makeover?"

"What do you mean by makeover?" I scuffed, "He's a vampire now, so what?"

"He is not just a nomad vampire, Clara," Phillip sighed as he leaned back and scuffed, "He is now part of the Volturi coven now and happens to be one of the highest ranked guards along with Jane and Alec, the Witch Twins."

A sarcastic laugh escaped my throat as I observed the man sitting in front of me and glared at him, "They were not my kind and it was wrong for you to accuse them of that, Phillip, you know better then that. It was also wrong of you to send those two innocent twins to be burnt at stake, however I am surprise that Aro let you live for that or maybe he is waiting for the perfect time to end you and the Hunter's Society once and for all."

"Your father would be disappointed if he heard you said that," Phillip snarled and smirked.

"My father would attempt to kill you if he knew that you were the one that sent my mother to the gallows," I spit back, as my blood started to boil as I felt a warmth radiating all over my body, glaring at him. The lite candle on his desk started to shake as my anger started to manifest my powers, Phillip's eyes went wide with fear as he watched the candle move. I watched Phillip's body language get more stiff as he watched the candle continue to shake more violently, I leaned forward and smiled, "Thanks for the chat, Phillip." I got up and walked over to leave The Hunter's Society's head hunter's office, the rattling of the candle stopped as there was no more anger in my body.

"Oh and also Phillip," I sang, smirking, as I turned to look back at the pathetic mortal behind me, "Thank you for telling me where my brother is, I should go see him to see what he has to say about all of this." Then I opened the door as Phillip jumped up from his chair to stop me from leaving.

"You listen here, Clara Smith," He growled as he pushed the door closed in my face, I turned to face him and glared hatefully, "Don't you dare tell him or I will kill you, got it?"

My face softened then purred, "Sure, cupcake," I mocked as I visualized breaking Phillip's arm, as his hand was holding the door in place then a crack erupted throughout the office as Phillip dropped his hand from the door as he screeched in pain in his arm. I then skipped out of his office as he yelled after me to come back as I continued on down the hallway as if I didn't hear his stupid yelling and screaming of my name.

"Maybe he'll make my name into a curse word?" I thought to myself and smirked, "Maybe he should." I reached the door to leave the building and pulled the handle of the door to open to the outside world, then walked out as I sighed as I took out my phone to book a plane ticket to Italy to go see my brother who has no idea that I am still alive.