34. Fruity Drinks - ✭ Monica ✭

Beginne am Anfang

"Mhmm." I play with the gold chain around my neck.

"You keep playing all those thoughts in your mind until the next time we're able to talk." I pout, knowing he's about to end our conversation. "Alright, baby, I have to go. Behave yourself tonight."

"And if I don't?"

"You being feisty with me, Cherry?"

"Maybe."

"You behave yourself or else I'll tell your brother we got hitched." That makes me choke on a breath. He starts laughing.

"That's not even remotely funny."

"It really is though. It really is." His laughter stops and he turns serious. "I'll miss you tonight. I'll be wishing it was you with me instead."

"I know. Have fun tonight or at least try to." He doesn't say anything to that. He really seems like he doesn't want to go to this thing.

"Well, I should probably be off. Love you."

"And I love you."

✩✩✩

An hour later my hair and makeup were done. Thanks to Marcella, I've got a skeleton face painted on to match my skeleton body. My hair is in thick waves and these thigh high boots make me feel like a sex kitten. I'm a sex skeleton, really though.

Marcella drove us into the city to some club called House 1178. I guess she's banging the bouncer now that she and her partner are over. So that means we get to forgo the line, much to everyone's chagrin it would seem.

"Welcome ladies." Marcella places a kiss on the large man's cheek. "Have a good time."

"Thanks handsome." She swats his butt, making his eyes go wide with surprise before pulling me inside.

The music is loud, thumping all around us. She goes directly up to the bar and orders two martinis. The bar tender didn't even bat an eye or ask for her ID.

"Marcella, why didn't they ask for your ID?"

"Because it's a twenty-one and older club." She had not mentioned that before. She grabs our drinks and hands me one. I take a cautious sip and am delightfully surprised by the tangy flavor.

"This is delicious." I raise my glass to her.

"Which also makes it dangerous. So keep sipping lightly, my little gem, because I am not carrying your ass to the car." She grabs my hand again and we make our way to the dance floor. We move to the beat with one another, laughing and enjoying ourselves.

It's a fun mix of different kinds of music, even some Latin songs. Marcella had taught me how to dance bachata and tried teaching me salsa as well but I hadn't been as successful at that. The alcohol lowered my inhibitions and let me just relax and have fun. It was a good time and I was no where near intoxicated yet, just slightly tipsy.

"I have to pee." I blurted out. Marcella nods her head to say she heard me and points me in the direction of the bathroom.

I inch my way toward it, trying not to bump into anyone too much or be accidentally groped. Once I get to a toilet I piss like I'd been holding the dam for Niagara Falls. Drinking always does that to me, makes me piss like a racehorse. Another reason why I don't do it often. I'd spend my whole night running to the toilet.