Permasan Sandwich

Everything always ends up dead in the end, so what's the point.

The two arrived in Kikka, it was as lively as ever. People all over the kingdom casually strolling through the main trading hub that had different food carts which left the air full of various flavorful and delectable smells. Merchants were also mixed in with the food stands to display their gadgets and gizmos to the people that looked for something to munch on.

Charlotte's sky-like eyes narrowed as she searched around the hub for any sketchy behavior within the large mass of citizens. Everything seemed normal and busy. The loud chatter that accommodated the smell of food in the air all seemed the same to her.

A soft sigh left Charlotte's mouth, she was stumped, "Where do you think we should start, Yami?" she asked the other one who was currently lighting up another cigarette.

Her voice was light and sweet as she asked him the question, it made Yami's body rush with odd and unfamiliar chills. Having a cigarette in his mouth, he stood there staring out into the crowd.

"Yami?" She called out again. This time Yami's eyes traveled to her raised eyebrows and her bright sea colored eyes that looked into his dark void-like eyes with confusion. Her light pink lips pursed together as she awaited for the other to respond to her. He got caught up in her gaze for a few seconds before looking back out into the crowd.

"Let's start by going out to the outskirts of the town." Yami replied. His suggestion reached Charlottes ears who in return nodded and started to walk through the crowd with Yami by her side.

Yami was on the lookout for anything suspicious as they made their way. He continued to walk before noticing Charlotte had slowed down to a stop. He looked behind him and saw her eyeing a food cart that showed off different sandwiches and paninis that had cheese oozing out from the sides.

"Are you hungry?" He asked her, she turned towards the burly man that was now in front of her with one of his large hands tucked into his pockets while the other was twiddling with the cigarette in his mouth.

She quickly shook her head, "No. It just looked interesting. Let's go." She said before walking past him briskly.

Yami rose an eyebrow, he reached out and took her hand, pulling her back. The pull was all so sudden causing Charlotte to loose her footing and trip over her own legs, falling into Yami's leather-like chest. Yami made sure to break her fall, arms wrapped around her waist. Charlotte looked up at him, her face slowly heating up into a crimson red. Her lips were pressed into a straight line as she tried to come up with something to say. Yami studied Charlottes face, taking in every detail of her.

Charlotte looked like she wanted to say something, her hands tightening around his thin, worn-out tank top that was being pushed against his broad, muscular chest.

"Looks like I caught you, again. Are you good?" Yami asked her, the lowness of his voice ringing throughout her eardrums. She continued to glare up at him before finally coming a conclusion with herself and pushing herself off of his chest.

"I am fine. You just made me loose my balance." her voice rising at him as she tried to get over the thoughts that were going on in her head.

"Yeah, sorry about that. It's not like I yanked you or tripped you. Never would've thought someone like you would ever trip." He chuckled, his voice lacing with some sarcasm as he shook his head at her statement.

Charlotte turned away from him, crossing her arms. Yami looked at the wooden food stand that seemed to specialize in different types of bread based foods. He looked back at Charlotte, recognizing that she was being as stubborn as ever right now. He let out a sigh and walked up to the food stand and bought 2 orders of Chicken Parmesan Sub for him and the stubborn princess.

The sub looked stuffed, the parmesan cheese tucked in between the pieces of breaded chicken and bread with marinara sauce coating the insides. The delicious smell of the sandwich had also popped out of the greasy brown wrapper that held the cheap cuisine. The only thing that stopped Yami's hands from getting all oily was a white napkin that surrounded the base of the wrapper.

He walked back over to Charlotte who still had her arms tightly crossed across her chest. He handed her the sub. Charlottes eyes darted over to the greasy bread that was held for her to take. Her arms loosened as she stared at it before looking at Yami who was already digging into his own copy of the sandwich. His eyes looked at hers when she didn't take the food.

"What's wrong? I saw you eyeing it earlier, so hurry and take it or else I'll eat it." Yami told Charlotte who just scoffed at him and took the food.

Yami watched her take the first bite, his eyes wandering down to her full pink lips that were wrapped around part of the sandwich. Her jaw moving as she chewed her food and then swallowing it. He watched as the corners of her lips curled and then go in to take another bite.

Satisfied with how pleased she looked, he took another bite from his sub, "How does it taste?"

Charlotte looked up from her sandwich, in the middle of chewing her food, and then looked away. Her eyebrows pulled together as she swallowed. Her hand went up to her mouth covering it as she was insecure that she had food stains on her face.

"It's... good.." She muttered, her pride keeping her from thanking Yami for buying the sandwich he got for her.

"Good," was all Yami said as the two walked towards their destination, eating their lunch. On the way there Yami decided to spook Charlotte out with the possibilities of what could be creeping within the outskirts of Kikka. Of course, Charlotte being the cool person she was, just told him that what he was suggesting was impossible but on the inside her tummy twisted and turned with fear of the idea of the suggestions being true.

(Sigleh, thanks for all the views and votes man. Y'all are the real ones 😔✋)