Two Nations of the Stone World

Start from the beginning

"You think so too?" he asked with surprise.

Rikona gave him a nod as a response. But her smile faltered the moment she stood next to Senku as she muttered, "Do you have a moment, Mr. Scientist?"

"Oh?" he responded with a raised brow. "Something bothering you, Doc?"

"You could say that." she answered. "After all that has happened, this is honestly out of bizarre. When the petrification is undone, it fixes everything around it too. If you think about it, it's a considerate scientific phenomenon. What I'm trying to say is - was the petrification really an attack?"

Silence soon loomed between the two as Senku stared at her with his mouth agape. Now that he thought about it, she was right. All this time, he had been wondering what or who attacked them, but now, after listening to Rikona's thoughts, even he questioned if this was an attack. Considering the fact that the de-petrification process not only healed his damaged cervical nerve, it also resurrected him. To borrow the doctor's words, things just got more complicated than expected.

But thinking about this could wait. Now, it was time to clean up the scene. While Taiju and Rikona were packing up, and Senku was sweeping whatever tracks they left behind with a tree branch, Yuzuriha sat in front of a broken statue of an unknown female. "Since Senku's neck can heal, maybe we can put these broken statues back together and revive them by pouring the fluid on them." she hoped, with one of the arms in her hands.

"I've tried it before." said Senku, diverting her attention to him. "They just went back to be a shattered corpse. Since its regenerative ability is so potent, then why..."

"Because the pieces were eroded." joined Rikona, whose turn to grab his attention. She paused what she was doing and looked at the surprised boy. "I also tried to revive a statue when I left the treehouse. Unfortunately, the pieces were already weathered when I tried to assemble them. I'm sure you know what that means, right?"

A sudden thought struck him, causing his eyes to widen with realisation as he let out a breath. His lips then curled into a grin before he said, "Thanks a lot, Doc." He put the tree branch down and approached the brown-haired woman who was praying to the female statue. "Yuzuriha." The said woman looked at him over his shoulder, to which he continued, "I'm ten billion percent sure that Taiju is too crude for this. I can only count on you for your craftsmanship." The said woman got up on her feet, just in time for him to stand close to her. "This is one hell of a difficult mission. Do you think you can do it?"

Without waiting for a response, Senku began explaining what she had to do. As the seconds went by, Yuzuriha's curious gaze turned into a blank expression, followed by one of nervousness as perspiration dripped down her face. "Waaaaaoooooo..." she shakily said. "That is really one highly demanding task, but I'll try."

Senku chuckled at her expression. "What a quick response." he commented.

"Craft is all about perseverance!" she said, although one could tell that she was trying to reassure herself more than him.

"What are you whispering about?" asked the excited Taiju. "Don't be so sneaky. Tell me!"

Yuzuriha turned to Taiju with a sheepish smile and said, "Well, I was thinking maybe we should head back over to join Tsukasa-kun."

"Ah, I see!" chirped Taiju. "We're going back to Tsukasa!" But the moment he let that finally sink in, he went close to her and shrieked, "WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!!!" With his hands on her hips, he started shaking the poor girl back and forth while saying, "But what?! He killed Senku! He's a dangerous guy! But he didn't actually die. He was a good guy, but... At the very least, he thought he'd killed Senku!"