Holiday Plans Part 1

Start from the beginning

I could not hide my glee as I walked towards the exit.

It was finally the start of Winter Break and I had encountered no problem on the days prior. Which I am more than thankful for.

The night before I had packed my clothes and important documents before heading to the room with the egg and putting it in my bag with Sal. Sal didn't seem to mind; she actually quite enjoyed the warm egg for a companion.

Last night after all was packed, I had made my way towards the room that contain the Mirror of Erised. Once there, I had my Occlumency shields to maximum capacity and stepped in front of it. I saw myself and Mirror-me smiles and holds out the Philosopher's Stone for a moment before she puts it in her pocket, and I felt it in mine. Nodding I chanted a spell as I gave Mirror-me a fake one.

After that I left, making sure no one was following me.

Blending in with the other students, I made my way to the Hogwarts Express with a smile and found a compartment with Mia and Nev. Blaise and Daphne would join us later, while the twins had to stay due to their parents visiting Romania. It wasn't until the train started to move that I finally started to relax and engage with my friends.

"Any specific activities or events happening for you guys this winter?" I ask and I get multiple answers.

"Gran and I are going to visit some family members, other than that I'm just going to stay in Longbottom Manor and tend to the greenhouses." Nev answers with a smile, though I can see sadness and even some shame. I knew who he was going to visit, but it's his story to share.

"My parents had planned to travel but decided against it this time to spend time with me and to know more about Hogwarts and magic. I'm just frustrated I can't show them any magic. Stupid handicapped laws." Hermione mumbles and I smirk a little.

"What if I told you that I had sent out letters towards your parents Mia, and to your grandmother Nev, stating that I had invited you all to spend the day before Yule and a few days after with me, Prof. McGonagall and Prof. Snape?" I say and smile at them. "Before anything else, they agreed, and we have more than enough rooms for your parents to stay in Mia, since they don't have work for the time being. The twins will join us, as well as Daphne and Blaise."

Their faces filled with joy, and we spent the whole train ride talking about what we would do, Mia obviously overjoyed she would be able to show her parents some of the magic she's learned. Once Daphne and Blaise joined us, their reactions were more subdued, but I could see the glimmer in their eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arriving at King's Cross, we all said our goodbyes and I found Minnie.

"Did you encounter any trouble, Minnie?"

"No, I was able to leave Hogwarts before Albus could find or contact me. Severus will be joining us in the evening. Now, did you tell Ms. Granger and Mr. Longbottom the news?" She asks as we make our way to the private Floo.

"I did, and they are more than happy to be able to spend the week together. Mia especially, due to the fact she will be able to show her parents what she and what magic can do. I just hope they don't close off when they see what magic can do." I say and take my chest and empty cage. Hedwig had gone ahead, rather than staying cooped up for hours in the cage.

"Well, I'm ready to go home Minnie."

"Very well dear, give me your hand."

With that, the both of us Dissaparated from King's Cross station and are now looking at the entrance of our home. The falling snow gave the surroundings and the estate itself a winter wonderland. Beautiful and peaceful at the same time, and I knew my friends and their families were going to love it here. Quick as lightning, Tilly pops in and takes my chest, but not my bag, knowing full well what lies within.