-- Chapter Seven -

Start from the beginning

"qui es-tu?" (Who are you?)

The man smiled, this woman was exactly who he thought she was. "I know you, but you don't know me, obviously. The names Nick Fury, Director of a little thing called S.H.I.L.D." He introduced. He hadn't moved an inch as he talked.
Evangeline held her gun tighter and contemplated using her power to take him down.

"I have a proposal for you." He began. He moved, and Evangeline raised her gun and pointed it at him. The man laughed,

"The amount of times a guns been pointed at my face would shock you. Like I said, I mean no harm. You've been on my raider for a long time, Miss Storm. You and The Winter Soldier..."

"What about him?" She asked in English. Her voice harsh and strong.

"We've been looking for him. And you. I guess you were easier to find. I've been told you'd make a good asset to my...organization, if you will."

Evangeline listened to his words carefully. This was a random man she didn't really know him. How could she trust him? His thoughts, Evangeline had barely registered his mind. She closed her eyes,
mostly of work...home...the world...

Evangeline opened her eyes, "why do you want me?" She asked, She hadn't been sure what to say. What to do.

"We acquire someone of your skill set. You were with HYDRA, yes? You're trained, skilled, and you're powers...they can be helpful. Plus, I'm putting something together....." Nick laughed, "so, are you in?"

Evangeline's mouth gaped open and closed. How was she supposed to take an opportunity like this without more details? She was so confused...how did he know so much about her?

"I—no." Evangeline shook her head. She denied.

"No?"

"Non. I will not be part of your....your....club. No."

"No?" He repeated.

"Oui. Non. Now, Please, leave..."

Nick put his hands up in defence, the gun followed him as he made his way to the door, he paused, reached in his jacket pocket, took out a small card and placed it on her kitchen island.

"Think about it? I'm sure some people are eager to meet you. Eager to work with you...when you agree, give me a call."

Evangeline watched him leave, closing the door, she made sure to lock it.
Letting out a sigh, she walked over to the island and picked up the card.

His name, his number, his occupation.
She wondered if she should do it. He assumed she would.
Maybe it'll give her something to do instead of wondering the streets at night, looking for trouble to come to her.

Placing the card down, she put away her gun and went back to the fridge and grabbed a box of Chinese take out she had the previous night and walked over to the couch.
She sat in silence as she ate. Her mind weighing the pro's and cons on the situation and Questions.

If she joins, what would that mean for her?
What exactly would she be doing?
What if she met her Soulmates?

Soulmate.
Bucky.
Find Steve.

She needs to find Steve. Maybe this Nick Fury guy could help her do that.
Shaking her head, she spooned the last bite of rice into her mouth.
I can find Steve on my own.

She will. She will look and look.

With a heavy sigh, she stood up and threw away her garbage and walked into her bedroom. Her bed sat in the middle of the room. Her walls a dirty beige colour. It was boring, and plain, but she didn't plan on staying here long enough to put in much effort to redecorate. Nor did she have the money.