"What?"

"Sabi nila when the clock stops at 9:00, the dance will stop, the person who is in front of each other are destined. Sabi ni Margeaux kanina."

He chuckled a bit, hinawakan niya muka ko, at unti-unti niya nilapit muka niya. He gentl lift my head and kissed my forehead.

"We're told to kiss the woman in front of us."

"What if iys not me?"

"Impossible, sabi mo nga we're destined." Sure niyang sabi. He twirled me again and looked me from head to toe. "Ms. Kiersten, you look stunning."

"X-Xander!" Natatawang nahihiya kong sabi sa kanya. Sa peripheral ko, I saw Margeaux signaled na pumunta ako sa kanya. I held his hand at nagpunta na kami sa gawi ni Margeaux. Kasama namin yung guard niya. Pumunta kami sa may balcony at overlooking dun and parts of Paris, as well as the Eiffel tower.

"Welcome to my secret life, Kiersten."

"Are you aware na pinapunta ako dito?" I want to be straight to the point.

"Yes... I'm aware. When Giovanni asked for a meeting with you, I knew. Kaya I gave you a dufferent invitation."

"Don't misunderstand, I do want to be friends with you." She smiled at me and held my hands at tumingin kay Xandy.

"No, don't worry. You don't feel like someone with motives. But I do know Giovanni."

"Don't tell me you're his ex too?"

She bursted out laughing. Bakit ganun ang elegant niya tumawa.

"No, thank god, no. I knew him since we were small. Our world is smaller than you think, almost all of us came from the same school. Pero we were not close, I doubt thy he remembers me knowing how otherworldly he is. Pero this one, I know." Sabay tingin kay Xandy. "I am kind of a distant relative."

Hindi umiimik si Xander sa kanya, nakatingin kanh siya sa paligid in guard mode.

"Really? I mean, you guys radiate pure blood vibes! Now that I realize, meron kang yayamanin vibes, Xandy." Umiling lang siya sa akin. Pero tawa ng tawa si Margeaux.

"You're most likely here about the other world business right?"

"Van, I mean... my husband is getting tired of Phoenix. Pero it seems like you guys back them up. He's been wanting ti single them out."

She nodded, actively listening to me.

"They have been really annoying as well. I don't particularly like them. The reason we're in touch with them right now because my husband, is one of their patriots."

"Your husband? Pero I thought wala siyang kinakaman?"

"No, he is. It's a secret though, but I've been wanting to get rid of him lately. Maybe, Xanus with your Houses would be better, and probably be the way to clean his stupidity out of this world. We are the sad reality Kiersten, us, women."

"We are. We are tied to something we don't even want."

"That is the sole purpose I invited you here. I also wanted to get the business out of the way so we can enjoy the vacation. Away from stupidity. Can we talk? Just us?"

"Huh? We're talking naman."

"Not in front of these two."

Tumango si Xandy. It means he trusts Margeaux. Naglakad kami sa part nung balcony na tahimik at malayo sa tao.

"So, you and Ichiro huh?"

"W-What?"

"Darling, your eyes can't fool me. I was watching you guys earlier, plus I saw you guys dance by the pond back in Cebu. So stop and just be straight with me."

"I don't know... I don—" she cut me off and held my hands.

"Trust me yet? Okay... fine. I'll tell you a secret of mine, that nobody knows except for me and another person."

"You don't really have to tell me, what if may mangayri sa akin and I accidentally spill it."

"So? It's my responsibility I'm the one who told you. So... that man over there?" Sabay turo niya sa guard niya, "That's my real husband."

"Wait... diba kasal ka kay Mr. Elefancto?"

"I doctored it, no one knows. I married him even before that idiot in the Philippines so technically it is void. I'm staying with him just for formalities. I never in my life slept with him. I would pay a random girl at night to pretend as me."

"And ni minsan hindi ka na bisto?"

Umiling siya, "Never. It stopped after three times. Then after three months of marriage he barely comes home, I know he has multiple women. So... I moved out and bought myself a house with me and Ralph. I have two children with him, both with my orginal last time. Again, I made sure that my kids are not connected to that asshole in the Philippines. I have his money while bleeding him behind his back. He always thought women are nothing but holes, tsk... I never liked that guy. He's an eyesore. So, do you trust me now?"

If words are enough to explain on how amazed I am of Margeaux right now, she's surprisingly tactical. To think she did that all by herself? Spelle Boss Lady: M-A-R-G-E-A-U-X.

I took a deep breath.

"I do like him."

"Exactly! My senses are always right!" Mas excited pa siya sa akin, "Continue."

"But, I'm married. Gumagawa ako ng paraan to legally divorce him, pero I have to do it amicably, kasi he's a dear person to me. He may have hurt me  multiple times, but he is an important person to me. Kaya until I sort my problem with him, I can't do anything."

"So you liked him?"

Tumango ako.

"I used to. Pero I guess I just got tired of all the things he did to me. I feel like I deserve better in life, you know? Like, I came to this marriage thinking I was saving people but it was a lie, then malalaman ko in my own marriage I was lied again multiple times. First, Vienna, then China. I can only take so much, naubos na yung pasensya ko."

"I agree, just imagining it right now is really tragic. I can't, I would have made sure those women are bald if I were you. So I was right again with China and Giovanni. So... does he know?"

"Who?"

"Xander... that you like him."

"No, kasi takot ako. Paano kung wala sa kanya yun." Hinampas ako ng slight ni Margeaux and ounched my cheeks.

"You children need to be straight to the point once in a while. I won't assume pero at one point you need to make yourself known or you might regret it. What did you like about him? He rarely talks, and ignores women, we all used to think that he doesnt have any personality."

"But he does, if only you knew how sweet he is. Ikaw nakakahalata na ako, Chizmaks ka. Chismosang mayaman, jusko... pero nako, sobrang bait niya."

She laughed agad again and pinch my cheeks slightly.

"Silly, he's only like that to you. Trust me, I've known him ever since, he is nowhere close to sweet. But I believe you, because I almost slapped myself thinking I was dreaming when I saw you guys by the pond."

Hindi ko mapigilang takpan muka ko... nakita niya kami sa pond!? Edi nakita niya din yung aksidente? Sumilip ako sa kanya and she winked at me sabay tingin kay Xandy! Naku, mukang Oo!

"No worries, you're secret is safe with me. Plus, I've been wanting a sister. Consider this a secret, and about the Phoenix a done deal. Let's just enjoy Paris! I, young lady, prepared a lot for us!"

Bakit parang kinakabahan ako sa statement niya. Prepared what? Akala ko casual lang kami maguusap, pero mukang hindi. When China was telling me things, I did not imagine Margeaux like this! Iba yung na-produce nung imaginations ko!

"And Margeaux is too long, Call me Mar, okay?" She linked her arm to me and patted my head like a baby.

Oh gosh, baby na naman ba tingin sa akin?