In retrospect it was very reasonable.

If from the beginning A’Heng had already been married and had a child, the company and the family would not have been so panicked.

Xie Yanjun didn’t consult his wife this time, He knew that his wife had been frightened, and she protected her son from everything from then on. If he let her know of his plans, she might want to stop him.

The father and son sat in the backseat. Xie Yanjun cleared his throat. “The doctor said that your vocal cords aren’t damaged, so it should be a psychological problem.”

Rong Heng calmly nodded his head.

“Today I’m bringing you to meet your Uncle Yu1, the boss of the Yu clan. He even held you when you were young. He’s a pretty good person.

“Your Uncle Yu has just one daughter. You’ve been studying abroad since young, and you hadn’t come back to China that entire time, so you wouldn’t have met her. She’s two years younger than you and still studying.”

Rong Ting’s expression shifted minutely upon hearing this, his mood finally changing.

“You’re also in your twenties. When I was your age, I was engaged to your mother.” Xie Yanjun sighed. “Normally speaking, it should be your mom helping you arrange this sort of thing, but your mother’s being unreasonable2 and is afraid that you’ll have another accident. She’s probably not in the right mindset for it. I’ve seen Your Uncle Yu’s daughter before, and Dad won’t harm you. She’s really not bad…”

In fact, Xie Yanjun was also very embarrassed about setting up a blind date for his son like some matchmaker, but he could only bite the bullet and do it. Who told him he only had one son now, who told him to be afraid?

“In any case, you meet her ba, and try to get along. Nowadays, the Xie family doesn’t need to rely on the method of marriage, but nobody dislikes a little extra support3 ba.”

Rong Heng’s expression was wooden. He hadn’t expected that Xie Yanjun would come look for him for this sort of thing.

It truly was… too preposterous!

But he also knew that he was already sitting in the car now, and he was still playing mute. Although he didn’t understand the real Xie Heng’s temperament, he had been observing other people’s reactions when they first faced him, and he could guess that that person had had a good temperament…

“This time, we’re visiting a resort under the Yu family’s name, so you can also relax.”

Rong Heng neither nodded nor shook his head. Xie Yanjun was also aware that Rong Heng was still affected by the psychological trauma and could not speak. There was no meaning in one person asking and answering by himself, so he no longer made a fuss. After all, this was his first time introducing his son to a blind date. He was not very skilled, and he found it awkward.

Rong Ting followed Song Haiping to the hot spring resort, 100% satisfied.

His skin was very pale as he sat in the hot spring in his swim trunks, relishing in the experience with his eyes closed.

Song Haiping ordered a bottle of sake and sat next to him. He soaked in the hot spring as he happily drank the sake. He sighed. “If it were snowing right now, this would taste excellent.”