Chapter 11

A few months later

As Andrew felt the first few rays of sunshine on his face, he slowly woke up. He slightly turned around and when he saw Meredith still lying next to him, he couldn't stop the smile forming on his lips. She was curled up in the blanket up to her neck, slightly facing away from him, seeming like she felt cold. And almost out of instinct he got a little closer, carefully lying his arm around her to bring her in his embrace, while softly placing a kiss in her hair.

She seemed to still be asleep, as he observed her. Her breathing was so even and quiet. And only after a few more minutes he saw her stirring slightly before she slowly turned around in his embrace until she was facing him, trying to give him a mumbled "Hi." While at the same time not able to open her eyes.

Andrew had to chuckle, a big smile on his lips at having her in his arms, too tired to speak and at the same time searching for the closeness and embrace he was offering.

"Good morning." He whispered before he leaned towards her to put another kiss in her hair, lingering there for a small moment. He kissed her head one more time and then slightly pulled away to look at the sleeping woman next to him. He loved to wake up next to Meredith. He loved every minute with her but the ones they spent in the morning were special to him, where they were just... them. Where she was just Meredith and let herself sleep a little longer, where she let herself be vulnerable sometimes, where he was able to wake up next to the woman he loves, where they were able to spend these small but so special moments.

"Hey, Mer." He started softly before he added with a slight chuckle in his voice "Don't fall asleep again." He carefully put a strand of hair that was covering her face behind her ear and let his hand rest there, while his thump was caressing her cheek.

"But my eyes are so tired." Meredith answered mumbling, but despite her words not giving any effort in wanting to stand up.

"I think its not just your eyes who are tired..." Andrew had to chuckle a little again at her attempt or better said her non-attempt to get up.

As an answer he only got Meredith turning around in his embrace, trying to show him that she disagreed with him while at the same time wanting to stay in his arms.

And at that he couldn't keep the big smile that was forming on his lips. He gave her a few more minutes to sleep or rest, just observing her before he slowly leaned over to her, starting to press small kisses to her now exposed shoulder up her neckline, carefully bringing her to lay on her back, slightly hovering over her.

"Andrew." He heard her chuckle while he placed some more small kisses in the crook of her neck.

She opened her eyes, still a little sleepy but with a big smile on her face while she was looking at him. And just the sound of her laugh and the smile on her lips made him feel all the happiness, all the butterflies, all the love he had for her.

"You are so..." Meredith started smiling widely but sincerely, the emotion audible in her voice "I love you, Andrew."

"I love you, too." He kept her gaze for some more moments, getting lost in her eyes that were shining before he added more quietly "So much." While he was leaning in to kiss her.

He felt her lips softly against his, slowly deepening the kiss while tenderly trying to bring him closer to her. With her hand moving to his neck, caressing through the curls of his hair.

When they slowly pulled away, Andrew let himself lay on his side, so he was still able to look at her, while Meredith did the same, turning herself a little more towards him.

"I want to take you somewhere this afternoon." Meredith started quietly after a while just looking at each other.

"Like a... date?" Andrew frowned a little, slightly confused.

"Yeah. Something like this." She gave him a small smile "With the kids."

"A date with your kids?!"

"No." She chuckled at his confused expression "But... I want to go somewhere with you and the kids and..." She turned a bit more serious again "And I want to talk to you about something."

"Mer...?" She could see the worried expression that formed on his face.

"I think you will like it. I hope you do."

"Okay."

"I need you to stay calm because otherwise I'm not sure I'll be able to stay calm." She chuckled slightly, trying to hide her own nervouseness.

"Okay... But Mer, if something happened you know you can talk to me, right? Or... or if I did something that..." She could see the worry in his eyes. And it warmed her heart and broke it a little at the same time to know how much he cared about her, that he was scared about her.

"I know." She gave him a reassuring smile, while placing her hand on his cheek, letting her thump caress over it. "But nothing happened and... we are good, Andrew." She smiled at him before she leaned over to kiss him.

"More than good." She whispered in between, before she leaned in another time.

"Okay." Andrew let out a shaky breath he had held, letting himself be in this moment, in this kiss with her. The kiss slowly deepening while he gently rolled them over so Meredith was lying on her back again with Andrew hovering over her, his hand still in her hair, holding her close, never wanting this feeling of kissing her to end.

__________

End of Chapter 11

__________

There will be one more Chapter!! I decided to divide the last one in two Chapters, because it fit better... I will post the last Chapter later today!!

<3