Morning, Sunshine

Start from the beginning

"Well you see, he is an emperor and many are after his life-"

"So you're saying, if he managed to strangle me and I helplessly gasped for air, it's justified because many are after his life and it's normal for him to be on guard?"

"Uhm-"

I frowned.

If anything, I could have died-

"He was trying to kill the Princess, not me-" I mumbled.

Sir Robane happened to hear my words and was about to say an excuse, except I am not willing to give him a chance for him to say whatever excuse he came up with.

"You know- His Majesty is a horrible father."

"Pardon?"

"I heard this from a friend, but coming here yesterday confirmed my suspicions. I'm guessing his Majesty's commoner lover died because of childbirth and his Majesty is blaming the Princess for the death of his lover, and before, he's going on and on about how he wants the Princess dead, but he couldn't kill her because he found her precious, and now his memories of the Princess have been erased, and we're back to square one."

"Yes?"

I scoffed.

These stories are commonly written by commoners, but to think it's actually happening in real life.

"What bullshit."

I felt pity towards the Princess that I have not met, believing that the Princess was probably suffering a lot.

I sighed.

"I'll be taking a walk then, Sir Robane."

I left the vicinity, and strolled the gardens of the palace, the smell of flowers occupying my senses.

Flowers, flowers, a man with white hair, flowers.

A man with white hair?

I glanced at the man, who seemed to take notice of my presence.

Fuck-

I hid-

Gasping for air, I could still feel my heart loudly drumming.

I was almost caught.

October Herbert, you were almost caught. How could you let yourself be caught?!

I then remembered the tall lean figure of the man that almost caught me.

I flushed a pink hue, and dropped down the ground and sighed.

"What the hell is wrong with me?" I muttered, as I then remembered the golden eyes that I caught sight of the moment I hid.

I sighed.

Damn, he was definitely daddy material.

I thought to myself before standing up.

"Princess?"

Hearing an unfamiliar voice called out to me, I only did what is expected of a person who is able to run away from an experienced knight.

I sprinted, all the while shouting

"YOU GOT THE WRONG PERSON!"

Around 5 meters away from the man that I realized that this was probably my last chance to leave an impact.

And so I stopped, and hesitated for a while.

I sighed, turned around and saw the handsome white haired man flinched at my sudden movements.

I walked towards him, and then saw his face turn into confusion.

"Hello"

Timidly, I bowed and then once I got up, I gave a shy grin.

"Unfortunately I am not the princess. My name is October Herbert, and I'm His Majesty's personal maid."

Of course that's a lie.

I'm actually the person who could detect magic but is unable to do magic herself, but that was beside the point. The point is-

Hot damn.

He was definitely my type.

I pinched my cheek to avoid thinking of things and forgot that I need to act normal for a guy to like me.

I shrugged inside my head, and scoffed.

As if he'll take a liking to me.

Cutely I tilted my head at him.

"And your name is-"

"Alpheus- Duke Alpheus, young lady."

Wut?

"Pardon?"

My cheeks then bursted into flames when he sent a dashing smile on my way.

Was he really smiling?

"Taking a better look at you, I could see that you don't resemble The Princess entirely."

I grinned at him, "Really?"

With shining eyes I watched the older man fondly stare at me and smiled, "Yes"

Fuck-

He's adorable.