Part 3: A new board

The clattering of hardware rings in your ears, Reki rummaging around for what you're assuming, a pack of red. He huffs in annoyance before dumping the entire bucket of packaged hardware on the table, turning back to give you a sheepish smile, the annoyed look on his face returning once he turns away.

Way too relatable, Reki.

"You know it doesn't have to be red hardware, Reki. It'll be easier to use black instead of trying to find it in this pile." You say, bringing your hand to rest on his shoulder.

He pouts as he looks at you, "But you said your board was red and black and I wanna give you a board you'll love."

"It's a board made by you Reki, of course, I'll love it." You freeze at your words, glancing at him from the corner of your eyes to see his mouth slightly agape, a small blush on his cheeks. "I mean- the authenticity you know! Um, the thoughtfulness you have... is very um kind." You try, patting his shoulder.

"Right! Right, the thoughtfulness, of course!" He exclaims, turning his attention back to the multicolor bags. "Aha! Found one!"

You watch quietly as he does it, his hands moving delicately along the board with expert precision as he screws in the trucks, power-drill whirring as it bound them to the board. Your eyes glance up to his face, the seemingly permanent smile on his face as his tongue slightly pokes from his lips, eyes focused solely on the board alone.

You can't help but smile, he really loves everything about skating.

"Okay, Y/n, you ready to test it out?" He asked, holding the board out to you.

You nod, pressing your lips together. "Before that, I don't think my conscience would allow me to take this board without paying you somehow."

He waves his hand, "No need to Y/n, really!"

"But Reki-"

His hand rests on your shoulders, hooking his fingers under your chin, tilting your head to meet his eyes. "Seriously it's fine. Though, I'd like to ask one thing," he mumbled, waiting for you to respond in any way. You nod, gulping at his proximity. "Skate by my side?"

"Of course." You reply, "I'll be by your side for as long as you'll let me." He beams, eagerly wrapping his arms around your shoulders, swaying you from side to side. You can't help but laugh at his antics, your arms wrapping around his waist.

He pulls back with a small blush, a wide smile still evident on his face. "Now, let's go test out this board." He said, pulling you outside. "How long has it been since you last skated?"

You placed the board down, staring down at it. "Um, two years maybe?" You answer, looking at him.

"Do you...need to hold my hand?" He slowly asks, lifting it.

"Ah, maybe."

You placed your foot near the first set of screws, turning to face Reki. The board slipped from under you, a yelp rippling from your throat. Reki's hands grip your waist, holding onto you as the board continued to roll away.

"Thanks." You uttered, looking up at him.

"N-No problem." He said, letting go and turning to the side. "Oi!" He shouted, "Transfer student can you get that!"

Looking to the side you spotted the blue-haired boy who transferred to your class, racking through your head to remember his name.
-
"We have a new transfer student today," the teacher announced. "Go ahead and introduce yourself."

Your head slumped on your desk as he spoke, the hair on the back of your neck rising as you felt someone stare at you.

Reki glanced at you, wanting to see your reaction to the quote, cute student, feeling a sense of relief when you paid no mind.

"I came here from Canada." He spoke, staring at the class.

"Is that all?"

"Not enough?"
-

...oh, I wasn't paying attention to the part he said his name.

"You don't remember us? We're from class!"

"Uh, no sorry." He said, looking down at the skateboard.

Reki glanced at me with a knowing smile, tilting his head at the boy. "Wanna skate?"

He jolted slightly, "Oh, well- no thank you."

You tilted your head, rubbing your cheek as Reki threw his arm over your shoulder. "You were totally checking it out weren't you?" He frowned, placing the skateboard down as Reki pulled you to the side with him.

You both watched as he placed his foot down, rolling the board under his feet before he lifted his other, successfully placing it on. He let out a shout as it slid from under him, crashing onto his back as he blew the hair from his face.

"This thing is not meant for people to stand on!" He protested, leaning up on his elbow.

Reki stepped forward, "sure it is." He flipped the board right side up, skating a little way down the road before turning and skating back.

"Wait Reki-" You spluttered, watching him do an ollie over him.

"See?" Reki said a proud smile on his face.

He gaped up at him, "Yeah."

"Say what's your name again?" You blurt, staring down at him.

He turned to you, lifting himself up from the ground. "Langa Hasegawa." You nod, saying your name before you clasped your hand on Reki's shoulder.

"I'll be back." He perked a brow at you, watching you walk into the doors of a business down the street.

"Look who's paid me a visit."

___________
A/n: ah!! Okay I'm still freaking out about episode 10! I'm so happy but still sort of freaked out bc of everything that happened to Reki...
anyways, I was thinking of just updating all the chapters I have written in one go so I can keep up with the anime timeline but that's...up to whoever reads this?