I went to my piano, I need to get my feelings off my chest. I remembered all of the fights we had and got some of those in a song.

Why you talk about me like I'm not there?
Why you talk about me like I can't hear?
You act so different around your friends

Why you talk about me like I'm not there?
Why you talk about me like I can't hear?
I know you know I'm more than skin

'Cause I'm not a high score, I'm not a trophy
I'm not a girl in those high school movies
And I'm not down for manipulation
Not here to be your validation, no

So if you need me
I'll be at the piano, love
'Cause I'm yours
But not like that

I cried a little bit while writing the song, I put all my emotions in it. I called it 'I'm Yours', though I wasn't his anymore. I was going to need a long time to get used to that. My mom wasn't here and I didn't want to be alone anymore, so I called Larry.

"Hel-" I hear someone say.

"Larry, Ethan and I broke up and my mom isn't here. Can you come to my house, please?" I cried.

"I'm on my way." He comforted, before he hung up.

I just cried in my bed for about 30 minutes after that, before I heard a knock at the door, so I went to open it.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Josh asked me, walking inside.

"Miser- wait, I thought I called Larry?" I asked.

"You called me." He answered. "I did hear you say Larry but he's busy anyways."

"Oh." I responded, while tears fell down my face. He embraced me, wiping my tears away.

"It's okay. It'll be okay." He soothed, calming me down.

"I'm sorry for getting your shirt wet and crying in front of you." I wept.

"It's all good, don't worry about that. I'm sorry he made you feel like that" He confessed "I brought some oatmeal cookies, ice cream and my hoodie." 

"Thanks, but I don't really want to eat anything." I sniffled, taking his hoodie and slipping it on top of my thin pajamas.

"That's okay. You can eat it some other time." He assured. "Do you want to sit down?"

"I don't care." I shrugged. He pulled my hand, and guided us to the couch. "You were right." I wailed.

"On what?" He turned to look at me.

"That Ethan was going to hurt my feelings again." I sobbed. He pulled me to his lap, and started rocking me back and forth. 

"When young people date they don't really have an idea of what they want. It's either a loss or a lesson." He explained, placing his chin on my shoulder. "That's just the way it goes. But out there somewhere, there is someone for all of us. A soulmate." 

"That's so hopeless-romantic of you to say." I chuckled slightly.

"I know." He smiled, pulling me closer to him from behind. I liked that he was here, it made me feel protected and cared for.

Josh's POV:

I outgrew my feelings for Liv. It's been almost a month and they slowly went away. It was like that crush that seems like it's really big, but then when you get a chance to think about it, it's not that meaningful. 

"Now that you and Ethan are over, can I say something?" I asked, rocking her slightly back and forth.

"Yeah, whatever you have to say." She accepted.

"You're different without Ethan." I confessed.

"What do you mean? 

"When Ethan wasn't here, you were someone open and bright, and then when he would come visit you would become this different person who didn't know anything but Ethan." I shrugged.

"Hmm." She thought about it for a second. "We'll he's gone now." She teared up again.

"It's okay. You'll do fine without him. You're Olivia Rodrigo, do you not know how many little girls and boys look up to you. They admire you because of your kindness, joy, beauty, intelligence, talent, I could go on all day and still have things to add. You don't need anyone to shine." I caressed her hair.

"Thanks." She turned around, hugging me. "But that doesn't take all the pain away." She cried in my shoulder.

" I know it doesn't, but I wish it could." I responded. Then I started singing to her 'Never be alone' by Shawn Mendes.

Take a piece of my heart
And make it all your own
So when we are apart
You'll never be alone
When you miss me close your eyes
I may be far but never gone
When you fall asleep tonight
Just remember that we lay under the same stars

And that's how she fell asleep in my arms.