It was her, she was his past 2

Start from the beginning

QingXuan, we might need to wait for more days to find someone expert. But I'm afraid.... " , he sighed.

No needed to explain. If this continued, the baby will be swallowed by curse and it would be impossible for them to save the baby.

Everyone fell silent. The young lady started weeping.

No one said a word.

"I will do it."

He Xuan deep voice broke the silence. All of them have him weird look.

Except Hua Cheng.

He always had this suspicion.

He Xuan was a scholar in his mortal life. A fine scholar, not only knew how to study, his hobby was playing different type of instruments.

Nothing can touch one's heart like words do, and nothing can explore one's soul like musics do. Of course a refined scholar knew it.

And even after he died, he couldn't give up on this hobby of his. But he was extremely embarassed to admit as well, so he never built any skill based on instruments and never played it outside.

But Hua Cheng had accidentally heard him playing pipa once.

Xie lian wanted to say something but Hua Cheng butted in, "Sure. Then what instrument do you want? I can bring one containing high spritual power."

He Xuan really didn't want this guy with smug face to look more cheekier but he could only swallow his feelings and said, "Pipa. Thank you."

Hua Cheng whispered something in Cie Lian's ears to assure him that everything is fine and went away.

But Shi QingXuan felt quite restless. Xie Lian was about to pass the melody to the black ghost that he got from immortal Lan, but was stopped by QingXuan.

"Your higness, but... But you said the one playing the melody will get a huge backlash.  Keai-ge isn't that mighty to play this kind of melody. He is.. He is...," Shi QingXuan didn't know how to describe him so he just went with the flow, "he is just a small ghost, I mean small man and I promised to protect him, so I.. I can't let him take such risk. What if, what if  he perishes... "

He Xuan was stunned before getting embarassed. It's just, Shi QingXuan never talked about 'protecting', he believed he couldn't protect anyone because he was weak. He said he didn't dare to take responsibility.

But now, just now.. It's not like Shi QingXuan thinks he has become stronger, it's just he wants to protect the person he cares about even if he is weak. Just till he can. He refuses to back down, he refuses to give up. He wants to try.

"Sh-shut your mouth," He Xuan wanted nothing more than sealing this dumb's mouth.

"Bu-"

"I know my limit. I won't do anything beyond my ability. No worry."

Shi QingXuan nodded hesitantly.

He Xuan suddenly had this urge to poke the other, so he whispered, "And you should worry about your wife."

It sounded weird.

He Xuan had yet to swallow the fact that it was the reincarnation of that person and then he had to even digest the fact that this was, this was....

Shi QingXuan facepalmed. "You.. "

That moment Hua Cheng entered with a magnificent pipa on his hand. Colored with red and black border, the pipa looked really out of place when it entered into this broken shabby temple. This wicked ghost king indeed liked to show off.