"You don't have to go dateless. I'll be your date"

"I don't think that's a good idea"

"Oh...", he said looking down into his tea cup.

"It's not that I don't want to. I just don't want to get shit from Draco for going to the ball with you. He already thinks I'm a whore for being friends with you, I don't want him thinking that we're getting back together. If I-"

"This is ridiculous", he groaned. "You don't need a date, Stella. Think about it, having a date is going to turn the attention away from your dress"

God, it's like I'm talking to Stass.

"You're right", I sighed. "But that doesn't mean I'm going to attend"

"Alex and I don't have dates. You can hang out with the two of us tonight. It'll be like a group thing"

"Mhm... I don't know"

"Please", he begged. "I don't want you to look back a year from now and regret missing out on the Snowflake Ball because things between you and Draco are tense right now"

Theo's right, I can't miss out on my favorite event of all time just because I don't want to see one person.

"Alright, fine", I groaned. "I'll go"

"Well, get your ass up from the couch and go get ready", he smiled. "You don't want to be late"

"Thanks for the pep talk, Theo. I really needed it"

"Don't mention it, Stell", he said leaning across the couch and wrapping his arms around me. "Someone has to do it when Stass is off on holiday with Adrian"

Sometimes I forget how amazing Theo really is. As a boyfriend, he was always attentive and knew what to say. Even when our relationship was going dull during the last year of it, he never made me feel unworthy of him, of course that was until I found out he cheated on me last summer. I spent the past year angry at him, I forgot that before we started dating, he was my best friend. He knows everything about me and knows exactly what to say when I'm down. I just wish that I could have the same kind of relationship with Draco.

Draco has been in my life as long as Theo has and for some reason, we haven't been able to get through our rough patch. Theo and I were able to push past what happened between us in the past, why can't Draco and I do that? It's not like what happened before the start of summer holiday was worse than getting cheated on. Our little feud could've ended before the start of the new term but Draco kept on adding to the heat by being a little dick. Me dating Louis is no different from Draco hooking up with Pansy now. He's only doing it to make me jealous and I did the same, but I ended up breaking things off with Louis because it didn't feel right to do that to him. Draco on the other hand, wants to do whatever he can to hurt me. Goes to show the difference between Theo and Draco. After breaking up with him, Theo never tried to make me jealous and throw a new girl in my face.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

For the Snowflake Ball this year, I decided to wear a black Christian Dior couture dress and a pair of my black Louboutin pumps. My hair was worn up in a up-do and I wore silver dangling earrings.