(🌸) .𝟎𝟗 ━ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏/𝟑

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. I had a bit of inspiration yesterday." She mumbled back. Akaashi smiled, oblivious to the bitter undertones of her words. "I see. That's a relief since I wouldn't have had much time to help anyway."

"Why not?" Konoha interjected. Akaashi wasn't usually the type to allow another person to do all of his work. Especially not someone as nice as y/n.

"I have a date tomorrow night."

"Huh?? Oh! You mean with Jenny?!" Bokuto yelled.

Akaashi's face turned an uncharacteristic shade of pink. "Yeah. We agreed to go see a movie and maybe get some ice cream afterwards."

Konoha's eyes drifted over to Y/n, whose eyes were now downcast and staring at her fisted hands in her lap. Just as he was about to say something to her, a cheery feminine voice interrupted them.

"Keiji!" She called out as she came over. The setter's face lit up as he waved her over to come sit with you four. Y/n watched as he gave up his seat across from her for Jenny to sit down, then grabbed an empty one from nearby and set it down right beside Jenny.

"Hi, Jenny. It seems Akaashi forgot to tell us you'd be eating with us. I can't say I'm particularly thrilled about you interrupting our lunch." Konoha's tone was cold and unwelcoming.

Jenny seemed to notice as she laughed awkwardly trying to disperse the tension. "Oh, Akinori-san you're so funny."

"That's Konoha to you, we aren't friends. And I wasn't joking." He snapped. Bokuto discreetly elbowed his side and Akaashi shot him a glare.

"It's nice to meet you, Jenny. Not sure if you know me but I'm Bo-"

"Bokuto Koutaro, captain of the team and one of the nation's top five spikers. Of course, I know you." She smiled, twirling a bit of her brown hair around her fingers.

Bokuto nodded and engaged in conversation with the two, much to Jenny's excitement. Konoha on the other hand was less discreet about his dislike for Jenny and boldly asked Bokuto to switch seats so he could be next to y/n instead of her.

'I'm allergic to her perfume' was his excuse, followed by a particularly nasty sneeze all over her purse.

After about five more minutes of Konoha's snide remarks, she finally got the hint that she wasn't welcome there and made a hasty exit, with Akaashi apologizing profusely behind her.

Bokuto offered to get the rest of them some juice from the vending machine in hopes that it would make y/n better. Unlike Konoha, he didn't do very well with other's emotions. But his favourite juice usually cheered him up, so he could only hope it would work for y/n too.

Which now left Konoha and y/n.

 After a few minutes of silence, he finally spoke up. "So are you gonna tell him?"

Y/n was finally snapped out of her trance, though she still seemed disinterested in everything around her. "Tell who what?"

Konoha sighed and put a finger underneath her chin so she would meet his eyes. "Are you going to tell Akaashi that he's making a mistake?"

Recognition flashed in her eyes for a minute but was promptly replaced by a pained look.

"I have no idea what you're talking about Konoha-san."

"You're Akaashi's admirer," Her eyes flew open and her brain raced to come up with an excuse.

"Don't bother. I've known for a few days now. Detective Conan kinnie remember?" he winked.

To his surprise, she cracked a small smile. Though the look in her eyes remained the same.

Konoha hated it. That look of utter hopelessness and resignation tormented his thoughts. It wasn't like the bright and cheery y/n he had grown accustomed to.

"Well, I appreciate you keeping it a secret but no I won't tell him. It wouldn't matter anyway."

"What do you mean it wouldn't matter? It could change everything."

She looked down again, now fiddling with the pen Akaashi had left. "I know. And that's what I'm afraid of. "

Konoha didn't understand. If she loved him, why wouldn't she go after him?

"Because he doesn't love me". She responded as if she had read his mind. "As we are now, Akaashi is happy. He's gotten the girl of his dreams. And we have a great friendship." She paused twisting the cap on the pen.

"If I tell him, then know who knows what'll happen? I could ruin his relationship with Jenny. Neither of them deserves that. And if he found out I've been keeping this a secret for so long he'd hate me. My friendship with him and, you and Bo would be ruined."

As if on cue, the tiny pen snapped apart, its parts spreading across the table.

"Do you know what I think y/n?" Konoha began picking up the pen pieces. "I think you're too kind for your own good. Always thinking of others feelings instead of your own. Don't you deserve a happy ending too?"

"As long as Akashi is happy then I am-"

"Oh don't give me that self-righteous bullshit. You're miserable. Everyone can see it."

Y/n quieted down looking as if she would cry. Up until now, she had been trying to keep it together since she refused to cry in front of Konoha again. She didn't want him to pity her. But a stray tear had already rolled down her cheek, and Konoha noticed.

He sighed and put the pen down for a minute to gently wipe away her tears. "All I'm saying is that you deserve to be selfish for once y/n. Go after what you want."

"But I can't. Akaashi likes Jenny."

"No, he doesn't. He likes the girl that he thinks Jenny is. The girl that wrote him all those letters and left him all that candy. Not some random girl he got over years ago." Konoha spoke sternly as he began putting the pen pieces together again.

"Do you love him?" he suddenly asked. Y/n looked confused but answered nonetheless.

"Yes."

"Do you trust him?"

"Absolutely."

"Then trust him to make the right decision. Tell him who you are and let him decide what to do with it. Give yourself a fair chance y/n. You deserve it."

Y/n looked deep in thought for a moment before she finally nodded." Ok. I'll tell him."

Konoha smiled as he reached for the last piece of the pen. "Good. And if rejects you I promise to hit him in the face at least twice during practice."

Konoha's fingers froze when a genuine laugh escaped y/n's lips. The girl was doubled over with one of the biggest smiles he'd ever seen and before he knew it, he was smiling too.

"There's that big beautiful smile of yours." He complimented as he reached for her hands.

He lightly stroked the palm of her hand as he placed the fixed pen in it. "And hey, no matter what happens between you two, I promise that you'll always have me and Bo as your friends. Got that little owl?" He asked as he tapped her nose. Another huge smile spread across her face as she threw her arms around him, surprising the older male.

"Thank you, Konoha." She mumbled into his chest. He chuckled before wrapping one arm around her torso while the other came up to stroke her head. "Akinori."

"Huh?" she pulled back to look up at him.

"Call me Akinori."

© -𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚌_𝚋𝚕𝚡𝚌𝚔

© -𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚌_𝚋𝚕𝚡𝚌𝚔