"i'm still a boy inside my thoughts...
                    Am I meant to understand my faults?"
~Pluto Projector

Ranboo's Pov:

The winter snow hit my face. Not like this was out of the ordinary, it's never summer here. I had to do a bit of mining, but I got a letter from Niki earlier explaining that she wanted to talk to me about something important. So, I couldn't take long I couldn't meet her before sundown, Phil wanted me to have dinner with him and Technoblade. I headed to the caves next to my house and mined until it was 4 pm. Which, the days have been said to go by fast if you are busy doing something. I walked up the stone staircase I had made until I found the trapdoor to the wilderness once again.

I remember I walked through the snow, the crunch of the snow was so satisfying to my ears. This whole world had many people in it, some had no homes others created homes with no one but their family. Technoblade had made it clear to the last person who had started anything that involved government that it wouldn't be tolerated. I shook the thought off that I was living next to a monster and continued walking until I saw the hill and forest Niki was building her 'little' library home. I opened the trapdoor and climbed down into the huge box of books.

"Ah! Hello, Ranboo!" Niki welcomed me with a wrap around my body. What everyone calls a hug.
"Hello, Niki!" My voice bright and cheery as per usual,
"It's good to see you, it's been a while." Niki smiled and walked over to a seat,
"Want some tea? I had some brewing before you came." She smiled,
"That would be nice, Thanks, Niki." I sat down, the tiredness in Niki's eyes hurt me, she was like a mother to me. So was Puffy, but she hurt Niki. The divorce affected Niki greatly and she was angry at the world, but I couldn't blame her.
"Here you go, sweetheart." She handed me a cup with a hot brewage in it,
"Thank you! What was it that you wanted to talk about?" I asked taking a sip of the tea. I saw Niki's eyes darken at the question.
"The people that lived in l'manburg. Not any of our friends, but the others... They were angry and wanted a place to live. Tubbo...He said that everyone could live in snowchester." I smiled, Niki frowned.
"Well, that's nice isn't it?" I asked confused with Niki,
"No, because the last time, it started with a drug van. Which became a country, that broke me!" Niki yelled, but in a way, it was a small yell.
"Niki--That is ridiculous! You know I love you, your like my mother but this is preposterous!" I set my tea down on the log table.
"Ranboo, you must understand! Tubbo is going to hurt more people with this 'Snowchester' of his!" Niki was in pain and I could see that,
"Niki! I don't understand. But what I do understand is that you're in pain!" I tried to comfort her by putting my hands on her shoulder but she pushed me away.
"No! You can't just-. Look, please, you must help me take down Tubbo!" She pleaded, but I couldn't. I couldn't hurt a fly, yet she is asking me to hurt a human?
"I'm sorry Niki...I can't help you." I shook my head and stared at the floor.
"Then, I think it's best if you leave, Ranboo." Her voice had no emotion, but I knew it was best to just give her some space.

"You need to stop crying kid." Techno put a towel to my face, in hopes to stop the tears that burnt my skin to a crisp but I couldn't help but cry.
"Goodness mate! Ranboo you need to put something on to protect your skin." Phil rummaged through the chests that he put potions in,
"Ah...Water protection. Here techno put this on the towel." Phil threw it to Techno who caught it and poured it on the towel.
"Kid, what's got you so upset?" Techno continued to protect the youngers skin,
"Niki, she got angry with me...Told me that I should leave before I got the chance to explain." The tears on my face started to dry, and I felt less of a need to cry.
"Why was she angry?" Phil asked, warming up the food.
"I was protecting...Tubbo." Phil shot back around and Techno stopped patting my skin with the protection.
"You were protecting Tubbo?" Phil asked, his tone reminding him of Niki.
"She was going crazy, making up things about him! She was angry I stook up for him." I explained,
"I see...Look kid, I don't like Tubbo. It isn't my choice on who you should protect." Techno gave the towel to me and sat down next to me,
"I think you should talk to Puffy...Maybe she can talk to Niki." Phil considered,
"They had a falling out," I said, this time my voice was emotionless.
"Oh...I see. Well, moving on. I need you to check out something for me at the shops." Phil stated,
"Okay! Tonight?" I asked concerned mainly because it was night now.
"No, no. Tomorrow. I need you to go and find me some things, I'll write them down later." Phil smiled, which I did in return.

After dinner, I walked back into my shack. I sat down on my bed feeling an overwhelming amount of pain on my face. I walked to my nearest mirror and found myself looking at the tear-stained scars on my face. They burnt, just like a burn from lava. I touched my face, my eye squinting from the pain. I sighed and got some ointment from my chest, which I placed on the newfound scars that were on top of old scars. It felt like peroxide on a flesh wound.
I sat back down on my bed, my tall lanky figure struggled to get comfortable after I laid down but surely I fell asleep. That was until I was awoken by the sound of a bell.