"I wish I could've gone." You said. JJ nodded. 

"We should stay here and try to do our best to get our pretty boy back." JJ said making you laugh. Tara came in, she walked over. She helped you off the floor and hugged you. 

"Let's get him back." She said. You smiled at her, you had only known Tara for a little bit but you already appreciated her. 

You all got to Pen's office. You sat in there and waited for any details. You nervously chewed on your lip, your nerves we're through the roof waiting for an update from Emily. Pen was watching the screen like her life depended on it. 

You all migrated to the round table room, where Walker was. He was talking to Emily on the phone. They discussed different options and what could be happening. You waited for them to hang up then asked Pen for the details on Spence's mom. She told you before you got back he had a home nurse and she stayed with him at home. She gave you the care facility number he sent her to. You dialed the number. 

"Hello? Is this ______ facility?" You asked. 

"Yes how may I help you?" 

You talked to the nurse on the phone and requested Diana be sent back to Spence's apartment so the home nurse he once trusted could take care of her. You wanted to make sure Diana was doing ok, and it would be better to have her closer. You called the home nurse too and asked her to pick Diana up and bring her to the apartment. She informed you it would take her 2 hours before she could get to the apartment. You waited in the round table room, talking through scenarios. 

While talking multiple things Spencer didn't tell you about came up, like Gideon's death, and a man named Scratch. You assumed Spencer didn't tell you because he wanted to help you first. You felt so bad. You were on the verge of puking out your empty stomach, and also crying. This was awful.

You waited until there was 30 minutes until Diana and the nurse would be at the apartment. You left, you didn't bother telling Pen where you were going. You got back to the apartment and tidied up. Diana got there in time. The nurse knocked on the door. 

"Hi, thank you so much I really appreciate this." You said to the nurse.

"Hello, miss y/n." 

"Please just y/n is fine. Hi Diana I'm y/n y/l/n it's nice to meet you." You said Diana smiling she instead of shaking your hand pulled you into a hug. 

"Spencer always talks about you." She said. The nurse informed you of the kind of day she was having (which was really good). You talked with Diana and helped get the nurse situated. You got an expected call. 

"Y/n y/l/n where are you?" Pen said. 

"I'm at home, I had Spencer's mom transferred back here. Is everything ok?" You asked. 

"Emily is there now, she says our boy wonder is doing the best he can. Matt Simons is there so we will hopefully be fine." She said. 

Matt simons? You had never met him before. "Uh ok. Pen I got to go love you." You hung before she could interject. You felt sick, the thought of him in a jail cell unsettled you, but you had all faith in the team. The only thing you could do is make sure his mom is safe and happy. You knew her being so far away would make taking care of her all the more difficult. 

You went back to the BAU and worked on the case the best you could. The day seemed to pass you by, you were exhausted from all of the secrets. You should've talked to him more about the year you spent apart. He had gone through so much. He was on his way back with the rest of the team. You wanted to see him but you were anxious. You sat at your desk for multiple hours just thinking. You didn't pull out a book, or your phone. You wanted to be left alone in your thoughts. You couldn't help but think about the future you had planned for so long. Then you got a call.