The Battle

Jack, the baker, and Char silently waited as the giant approached their tree. Ella, Little Red, Rapunzel, and the baker's wife waited from a distance, watching.

Jack crept out from behind the trunk of the tall tree, just when the giant saw him. The battle had begun.

The giant tried to snatch up Jack, stomping towards the tree. Jack ran up higher into the tree. The giant then swiped her hand up to Jack. Her finger tip barely brushed against him. But she noticed her feet wouldn't budge in the pool of glue below.

The baker gave Char a high five. Jack then revealed the magic harp. But before he could begin a spell, the harp fell out of his hands, plunging downward.

"Play harp," he whispered. "Play something soothing. Magical. An eternal sleeping lullaby."

The harp began. Jack gave the baker and Char a thumbs up. All three plugged their ears with cotton. The giant immediately felt very drowsy, and started to fall backwards. She grabbed onto the tree, pulling it down with her.

The fall was so powerful, her feet popped out of the glue as she and the tree went crashing down. Ella gasped and ran over. The baker's wife and Little Red followed.

"Jack?" the baker's wife called out.

"Mr. Baker!" Little Red yelled.

"Char?" Ella shouted.

Silence.

Rapunzel practically screamed, looking down. Jack's hand stuck out from under the tree trunk.

Wishesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें