[01]: nightmares do that to you.

Start from the beginning

I shrugged. "No."

"Am I allowed to ask why?" Doctor Goodings' voice was calmed.

"Because it will crush her," I responded, not in a mean way.

For a moment, she sighed. It was clearly an awkward silence between us, but I didn't know anything better to say.

"I know this is not easy for you," Cora's doctor said all of a sudden, I gave her a light smile. "But you're a very strong girl, Hanna. I know I can count on you."

"Sometimes I felt tired, you know?" I said. It shocked me that I'm actually talking about this with her, every time I got called in here, our topic would always revolve around my sister. I sighed and shook my head, not wanting to continue.

"I know, honey," she said softly. "That is why I'm trying to help you girls as much as I can."

Truthfully, I had to thank Sarah for everything. If it hadn't been her volunteering to keep Cora in this hospital, I didn't know where would we ended up at. Our parents left us some savings, but it would ran out anytime soon. I have half of Cora's hospital bills to pay, the other half where Sarah has paid for me.

Thank God I was on a scholarship that paid for my school fees and my dorm room's that I shared with a few roommates, which in time, we became friends. The dorm room I lived in was called Sorority room, which was like, the highest honor among the other rooms'.

Only the best students get the chance to live there during their entire school life. Because the room was just like our own house, a kitchen, a TV, our own room and a dining table.

And I'm grateful for what I had now. It was more than I could've asked for.

"I owe you a lot, Doctor." I said, sincerity in my voice.

She gave me a smile and reached for my hand that was on her desk. I let her take it. "I considered both of you my own daughters, you own me nothing, Hanna. Don't worry about it."

I shook my head and laughed. "I promise you I'll tell her soon, okay? And I'll be the best sister in the entire universe."

Doctor Goodings squeezed my hand with a polite laugh. "Take your time, honey. But make sure she knows as soon as possible, she needs time, too."

I nodded, understanding what she meant.

"Oh, since you're here," She said, eyebrows perked up, as if she suddenly remembered something she was meant to say to me. She withdrew her hand from mine and swirled around to the back, her actions told me she was grabbing something. I raised my eyebrows.

Few seconds later, she turned back to me, her hand was holding my. . bag. My eyes widened, jaw dropped. How the hell did my bag ended up here? Did it ran here? Or teleport? What?

"How-" I was still shocked.

"Someone dropped this to me when you were with you sister," Doctor replied, an easy smile on her face.

"T-thank you," I took my bag from her. "Who was it? I-I mean, who dropped this off? I gotta thank her." And then realized what I just said. "Or him."

This time, she gave me a wry smile. "I'm sorry, honey. But the sender wants to remain anonymous."

________

I was still confused when I stepped out of the hospital after checking upon my sister-she's still asleep. So I'm free for the day.

I wonder who'd drop my bag off for me. I mean, I left in the middle of the class, then the person must've too, because no one other than my friends a.k.a. roomies knew about my sister, let alone knowing that I'd be in a hospital. But the question is: why? Why would that anonymous person helped me when I didn't even know him or her?

My friends weren't in Mr. Fields' class with me, so it's a big no for them. I still couldn't figure out who.

I kicked the rock beneath me, just as I was about to walk back to my dorm, a flyer pasted on the bulletin board right in front of the counter got my attention.

Employees needed! The flyer started. I scanned the flyer thoroughly, making sure I didn't get it wrong. Apparently they needed someone behind the counter, I nodded to myself, it's no problem for me. Must be over eighteen, well, I'm like twenty years old now so. I continued reading it.

After I've finished it, I turned around, stepping outside through the automatically doors. I was still standing within the hospital compound, my sling back around my shoulder. The door behind me opened and closed, sending some cold air towards me.

There were two shops at both sides. On my left was more like a café, whilst my right hand side was Bread Story.

The place that put up the flyer was the café.

I smiled to myself.

A job was all I needed now.