You Promised...

Six years passed by like lightning for Katherine. Elena was fourteen and dating Matt Donovan.

It was her birthday party and all of Elena's friends were invited. That included Caroline, Bonnie, and Tyler.

Elena didn't want a big birthday party and she's glad she didn't get one. All she wanted was for her family and friends to spend the day with her.

But mostly Katherine.

That's when Katherine appeared at Elena's window whilst Elena was writing in her diary.

Elena jumped and looked towards the window. Elena let a smile spread across her face when she saw Katherine.

"What are you doing here?" Elena asked opening her window for Katherine to slip in.

Elena looked at Katherine's figure and tilted her head. "And how did you get up here with stiletto's?" Elena asked.

Katherine smirked at her doppelganger, "It takes practice, cupcake," Katherine purred as she stepped into the house fully.

"When are you going to stop calling me cupcake?" Elena asked with a smirk. "When I'm in my-" "Yeah, I know. When you're in your grave," Elena said rolling her eyes at the vampire.

Katherine only smirked and Elena returned it. "I've trained you well," Katherine said as the door opened.

"Maybe you shouldn't have trained her at all," Grayson said now bringing Elena into a hug.

Matt was behind him. As soon as Grayson and Elena pulled away from each other Matt brought Elena into a passionate kiss.

They then departed only to lean into each other. "Stop!" Katherine shouted. They all looked at her in confusion.

Katherine looked at all of them and thought of something. "Don't kiss in front of me. If I see Elena kissing Matt then it would be like me kissing Matt. As much as I love those blue eyes, I don't want to picture me kissing a fourteen-year-old boy," Katherine barked.

Elena giggled and kissed Matt's cheek. Katherine felt a sting of (and she's gonna guess it to be) jealousy.

Grayson noticed the look in Katherine's eyes and furrowed his brows. "Katherine, I wanted to talk to you in my office," Grayson said walking out of the room and with Katherine following him.

As soon as they stepped into his office and shut the door, Grayson turned to Katherine and glared.

"I know that look. What'd I do this time?" Katherine asked sitting down. "Why are you always around?" Grayson asked the vampire.

Katherine knitted her eyebrows together and frowned, "I'm sorry, you're gonna have to elaburate that for me," Katherine said with a smirk.

"Why are you around Elena every chance you get?" Grayson asked more firmly. Katherine was about to answer until she heard creaking in the floorboard.

She put a finger to her mouth and slowly got up. She walked to the door without making a single sound and opened it quickly.

Elena and Matt fell inside the room.

"I think I taught you a little too well," Katherine whispered to herself. Elena and Matt got up off the ground and looked down.

Grayson shook his head, "I thought I told you not to listen in on my conversations," Grayson growled at his daughter.

"Why do you have a problem with Katherine and me?" Elena asked finally looking up at her father with confusion.

"Because Katherine is an adult and you are a child. Adults and children aren't meant to be best buds, Elena," Grayson growled.