Chapter 2

There really wasn't much for me to do besides sit here and make sure no one goes in or out of the cell. I looked at the watch on my right wrist. 2:00 am. God I still had a couple of more hours of absolutely nothing. I stood up and looked into the cell again. She was still looking at the wall. I never once saw her move or close her eyes for that matter. Every time we offered her food she wouldn't say anything just sit there. We would leave the food in there and come back an hour later to see that she hasn't eaten any of it. I started worrying about her.

I looked all around me to make sure no one was around to see me because what I was about to do was going to get me in a lot of trouble if I was caught. There wasn't anyone around. At this hour many of the guards were in the guard towers. After making sure no one was around, I slowly put my key into the lock. I checked over my shoulder one more time. I then slowly pushed the door open and stepped inside the cell. I thought she would have moved when she heard me but she didn't. She never even moved her eyes away from the wall. I stood to the side of her. I wanted to know why she looked familiar. I recognize her jet black hair and yellow cat eyes, but I can't place them with a name. I wanted to know why she was here. But most of all I wanted to know her name.

"I'm officer Blake. I've been guarding you for the whole night." I said with a small smile. I extended my hand thinking she would take it and tell me her name. She continued to stare at the wall. She acted like I was not even there. The smile left my face. I put my hand down and starting running my hands through my dirty blonde hair. "Um... Can you even hear me?" I asked. Maybe she couldn't hear me. After about five minutes of complete silent, I saw her slowly shake her head up and down. That means she can hear me! "Why are you here?" I asked hoping she would actually answer me.

She didn't do anything but sit there. I tried to ask her a few more questions, but it was useless. She didn't move or speak to anything I said. I just wanted her to talk to me. Maybe if she talked to me I would recognize her voice. "Look I'm going to completely honest with you. I think I know you. You look familiar. Where we in the same school or did we use to live in the same town? Anything?" I begged her to answer me. I wanted her to say one word to me. That's all I needed just one word. I stared at her. She stared at the wall. I was about to leave when I saw a tear fall to the ground. I looked at her face. It was emotionless, but tears fell from her eyes.

"I know you Blake." She said without emotion. Tears still fell from her eyes.

I knelt down so I could be face to face with her. I slowly lift my hand to wipe the tears from her eyes, but as soon as I touched her face I regretted it. She slapped my hand from her and punched me in the face, hard. She then stood up and kicked me in the back. I fell to the floor. Shit. The pain ran from my lower back to my left eye where she punched me. She then but her knee into my back and grabbed my arms pulling them back so I couldn't move. The pain shot through me.

"What the hell!?" I said as I struggled to get her off me, but there was no hope.

"Don't you dare touch me ever again understand?" She said in an aggressive tone. She pulled my arms back even more. "The next time you touch me I swear I will break your hands." She spit the words out.

The pain shot through me again and I let out a heavy breath. "I understand." I managed to say through my heavy breaths.

She then got off me and sat back on the chair and began to stare at the wall again. What has gotten into this girl? All I wanted to know was her name and to help her but only got my ass beat. I laid on the floor for a few more minutes before standing up. When I finally did stand up I looked at her. The tears left her face and she looked numb again. Like she doesn't fell anything at the moment.

"What the hell?!" I yelled at her. "I was trying to help you and you give me a black eye and a bruised back!"

"Don't touch me Blake." She said never looking away from the wall.

I was done with her. She was going to look at me. I stood right in front of her. Her eyes turned cold. She stared at me with a stare of death.

"Why the hell would you do that?" I asked in a lower voice trying to calm down.

"Don't touch me Blake." She said still staring me down.

"Whatever." I said. "Tell me one thing and then I'll leave you a lone for the rest of the night. What is your name?"

She slowly smiled and gave me a gently expression. "Toby." She whispered as she giggled a little.

The girl that just beat me ass is little Toby...