018. love is irrelevant

Start from the beginning

Maria sighs as she drops the note back onto the bedside table and Sirius shrugs on his shirt again. Madison Lawrence is a seventh year Hufflepuff that Danielle is rather close friends with, it's sort of like Maria's friendship with the girls — Lily, Marlene and the others.
She suddenly hugs him, taking him by surprise but he returns the tight embrace eagerly.

"Thank you." Maria whispers into his shoulder and Sirius smiles onto hers.
"It's the manly thing to do." Sirius shrugs and Maria rolls her eyes a little making Sirius grin. "Gotta get back to my own dormitory then—oh and I'll tell James I hooked up with some Ravenclaw, you're in the clear."

The Black winks before closing the heavy door behind him. The Potter girl lets out a deep breath and falls back onto her bed, wondering what the hell she's going to do now.
She sighs and gets up, grabbing a towel and strolling down the hall of the girls dormitories to the wash rooms. The brunette finds an empty room and locks the door, leaning her hands on the counter and avoiding looking in the mirror before she strips off her clothes and turns on the water, stepping into the scalding liquid.

She lets the hot water tingle her skin slightly as she runs her hands through her hair, her mind flashing with thoughts, most specifically one that starts with an R and ends with an S.

She finally gets out and dressed in some light blue jeans which she rolls up slightly, a white shirt and a beige v-neck sweater vest over it, some tattered black converse on her feet.

She checks the time and it's 8:30, just enough time for her to go to breakfast. The Potter girl slips her wand into the waistband of her jeans and strolls out of the common room.

She makes it to the great hall and sees her two friends chatting at one of the tables as they eat some toast. She feels grey eyes on her but ignores them as she flicks some hair over her shoulder and walks down the aisle between the two tables, sliding into the bench opposite her friends.

"Oh finally, we thought you'd died." Danielle says casually and Maria raises an eyebrow before shaking her head and spooning some cereal into the golden bowl before her.

"So, why is it that when we came up to get some sleep we saw you up close and personal with Sirius fucking Black?" Clarissa questions and Maria rolls her eyes.

"I kissed him."

"What?" The two girls shriek and Maria shushes them quickly.

"Nothing else happened!" Maria defends. "He just crashed in our dorm."
"He just 'crashed in our dorm'?" Clarissa scoffs. "So, nothing else happened? Nothing?"

"Of course not, I'm not Mary MacDonald."

"So, what the hell is going on with you?" Danielle questions and Maria sighs exasperatedly, her eyes travelling to the Slytherin table and instantly averting when they lock with stormy ones.

"Nothing."

[][][]

The Christmas holidays are fast approaching with onto one week left of the term, Regulus is not ready whatsoever to face his horrible parents. Seeing his brother and Maria kissing was a kick in the rib, but he knows he deserved it for kissing bloody Rebecca Barnes. He doesn't even know why he did it, maybe as a distraction, maybe he hoped Maria would see them and decide he's definitely not good enough for her.

Either way, everything went down hill in the space of a night and Slughorn's Christmas party is in two days. Rebecca had already asked Regulus to go with her, to which he reluctantly agreed to. The thought of getting married to the blonde girl makes him feel quite nauseous. Though, the idea of arranged marriages always have, he just can't understand how he got so unlucky.

Sure she's pretty, and kind of smart but her personality is probably featured in one of Regulus' many nightmares. She's obsessive and rude, will do literally anything to please her parents, and completely different to a certain brown eyed girl.

So now, Regulus trudges through the empty hallways of Hogwarts, skipping transfiguration to clear his head when hears talking from the hallway to his left.

"Al I'm saying is our babies would be seriously hot." Sirius Black blabbers loudly, clearly not bothering about being heard or caught by a teacher or Filch.

"One, gross. Two, babies can't be hot." Maria Potter rolls her perfect chocolate eyes before they land on the tousle haired boy observing them and she swallows. "I've just got to uh—find my. . .cat."

"You don't have a. . ." Sirius trails off when Maria walks away and he sees Regulus stood there. "Cat."

Regulus scoffs quietly and turns around, continuing his walk when he hears rapid footsteps behind him, advancing on him quickly.

"You need to get your act together Reg." Sirius says, now quickly walking next to the boy who stops in his tracks and turns to him.
"You can't talk to me about getting my act together, Sirius." Regulus snaps, pointing at him for emphasis.

"Yeah well, you wanna know why Maria kissed me?"

"No."

"Because she saw you kissing that fucking girl." Sirius says, poking a finger at Regulus chest.
"Why should she care?" Regulus snaps loudly back and Sirius scoffs."

"Have you lost your mind?" Sirius yells at his younger brother. "Have you seen the way she looks at you?" Regulus doesn't answer and just Avery's his gaze when Sirius sighs, his features softening. "Cause, I see the way you look at her."

"Yeah, and how's that?"

"Like an addict looks at fucking drugs, Reg." Sirius rolls his eyes and Regulus scoffs.

"Love, is irrelevant to people like you and me." Regulus says before strolling off down the hallway, leaving Sirius stood there exasperatedly.

[][][]