Chapter 10

MAY'S P.O.V

"Well done!  Well done!  I like this!"  Massimo danced around his room.

"Of course, otherwise I'm gonna kill you."  I spoke sarcastically.

"Oh May my darling.  I worship this.  You have been working so hard last night.  And eww, those eyebags are looking horrible."  He walked toward us.

"Thank you very much.  I haven't slept."  Juliet yawned.

"That's why..."  Massimo hugged her.  "Work harder!  You'll sleep by the end of the month!"

"Excuse me."  Mandana widened her eyes.  "Don't we suppose to get credit for what we did?"

"Darlings, listen to me.  Before You Exit shows need perfection.  And I need my trio to do that."  Massimo whispered.  "Snap snap!  Back to the earth work!"

"Oh God..."  I turned around.  "Massimo is the king."

"I think I'm ready to resign.  But thinking about the dollars, I still need it."  Mandana whispered.

I looked at my two workers.  They're seriously dead tired.  I don't blame them.  Last night I was home at 3.30 am.  And here we are again at the office at 7 am straight.  Who said creative work is easy?

"May, you have guests."  My secretary knocked my door.

"Eh who?  I don't have appointment, Martha."  I shook my head.

"They're the band."  She smiled.  "And one of them brought you that."

"That...?"  I looked around my office.  Oh.  A bouquet as big as my head but I didn't notice.  Connor.  "Where are they?"

"Guest room."  Martha left me politely.

"Julieeeeeeet!  Mandanaaaaaa!  Working, working ladieeeees!"  I screamed the top of my lung. 

"Aye captain stop screaming."  Mandana waved weakly from her room.

"BYE in the guest room.  Now."  I made a lot of noise but excuse me, I haven't slept either since last 24 hours.

"Julie, cmon!"  I heard Mandana's footsteps behind me.

"Good morning."  I greeted them, losing my breath because screaming.

"That's...loud."  Toby smirked.

"Thank you.  And I'm sorry.  High pressure."  I raised my eyebrow.

"Good morning to you too."  Connor came up and kissed my cheek, surprisingly.

"Hey you.  Thank you for the bouquet."  I nodded.

"Let's go."  James stood up.

"Oh wait.  Did I miss something?"  Juliet walked faster and when she came inside the room, she only heard James talking.

"Back to the hotel."  Riley replied.

"You're coming this far only for this?"  Mandana showed her about-to-cry expression.

"Because we want to give you guys compliment.  We notice your extreme hard work last night.  It's not easy, indeed, considering we're not the only project that you do.  And we also know, because James told us, that Massimo doesn't give you...uhm, break time to take a breath.  So we want to ask you to come back to condo, give you time to sleep all day long.  We'll maintain the timeline by saying to Massimo that you're 'working', in case he asked."  Connor whispered very slowly.

"Thank goodness for the kind words."  I threw myself on the couch.  "It might be risky, but thank you for your understanding guys."

"No problem.  That's why we come here, to show the office that this is important."  Riley winked.