𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟑 | 𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓

ابدأ من البداية

Ginny and Max rushed to class, leaving Abby and I alone. Abby groaned, watching their retreating figures. Her eye bags were more prominent, eyes redder and puffer than usual. She had been turning up to school with red eyes a lot recently, it was worrying.

"Now that they're gone," I pulled out my headphones, "Are you going to tell me what's going on with you?"

She sighed, "There's a lot going on." "Like what?" "Just some family issues, my parents are getting divorced so..."

"Oh. That sucks." "Yeah, it does."

I smiled at her, "Well, if you need a place to escape, I'd be happy to have you."

"Sure." She laughed through her soft sniffles, "Ginny is lucky to have you as a sister, I would kill for a sibling."

"They're not all that." We laughed, joking around some more before leaving for class.

Mom had invited Paul over for dinner, worried at Paul and Zions interactions. The table was quiet, awkwardness flowing through.

"Well, this all looks great." Paul chuckled.

"It does look great. Zion's a great cook. So is Paul! Paul made breakfast. It was really great." Mom rambled.

"Anyways..." I started, "Paul, what are you going to do about Cynthia? You need an action plan."

"Well, after the fundraising dinner, your mom and I are planning an event. Hopefully, it'll show everyone what Cynthia is really like."

"So a revenge event? Nice."

"Yeah.. Zion, I heard you're a photographer?" "Among other things. I hate to define myself by what I happen to be doing on just one day."

"Sometimes it's okay to wear just one hat. Some people prefer it if your job's important enough." Mom reached for her wine glass, taking a long sip.

"So, Paul, what's it like being mayor of this, uh... progressive utopia?" I laughed at Zion's choice of words.

"I love it. I just, uh, hope I get to keep doing it after this election. What are photographing at the moment?"

"I'm working on my book, actually." "Your book?" "Yeah, I got a book deal."

"Zion, that's amazing!" Mom gasped.

"It happened a while ago. Ginny didn't tell you?"

"That explains why Mom didn't know." I mumbled.

"What? You never ask about Dad."

Mom congratulated Zion on his book. He and Paul began bonding over their trips to Nepal, both visiting the same place. They quickly forgot about the rest of us, only focused on Nepal and their treks. Austin jumped at the opportunity to invite Paul into his blanket fort, they left the dinner table, forgetting about the once awkward atmosphere.

"They're going to the blanket fort." Ginny smirked.

"Okay." Mom wouldn't take her eyes off of them, still worrying.

"Who knew that talking about Nepal would lead to blanket fort adventures?" I laughed, eating some mashed potato. They stayed in the blanket fort for hours, watching movies, whilst Mom hovered around. She couldn't relax knowing her ex boyfriend and now boyfriend were trapped in a small space together. Paul eventually left, waving goodbye to the rest of us.

"That was fun, you should invite him around another time. I'm going to bed, night." Zion grinned, fully dressed with Ginny next to him.

"Where are you guys going?" "To find where she most belongs."