A BUSY DAY.......

Começar do início

               *****************
         THE UNEXPECTED.......

Here I was, standing in front of the audience ready to give my speech on behalf of the company.
I was was nervous but then I knew my job was on the line and I have do my best so I held the microphone in my hand and started my speech and all through my boss kept his eyes on me and once I was done, he was the first to clap his hands and others follow suite. I felt like someone important for the first time on that stage.

"Anthony Woods" called out a man in his late forties as he walked towards us.

"Jackson Williams" And soon they were already exchanging pleasantries. I stood there watching my boss and business partner discuss and talked all through and I felt so  left out that I decided to excuse myself from their presence.

I excused myself and went straight to the restroom even though I had no business there at least I can have a piece of mind there.

Staring at my face in the mirror , I told myself  "Yeah, I'd try." I should at least give myself some accolades. And actually I'd noticed I looked different that morning than usual, yeah today was the biggest stepping point in my life and I had to look good.

My parents were never rich and there were always problems between my mom and dad not until my mom took me and left my dad. My dad was out of control , he became a drunkard and always blaming us for his problems. It got to the point where my mom caught him cheating on her with a slut and there she knew that this marriage was never gonna work out.

We left but things weren't easy. I finished high school but wasn't able to go further thankfully I got this job . I have always wanted to be an actress but due to circumstances things couldn't work out and here I am. Just when I had concluded my thoughts , a high-class lady walked into the restroom. "Oh my goodness ! She's so beautiful." She has a well defined nose shape and cheekbone almost close to perfection but wait a minute--
She looks familiar like I've seen her somewhere........

"Anne Campbell????" I said that loud before I could even restrain myself. She turned and smiled at me "I'm sorry but do I know you?".

"I'm.....not really but I'm...... a very good-fan-of-yours ! I tried calming myself to avoid sounding too excited but still couldn't hide the excitement.

"Thank you and it's nice to know that someone out there appreciate what I do" She said with a smile and it seems like, she likes to smile often.

"Actually you've been my role model for years is just that due to circumstances I couldn't fulfill those dreams but I'm really happy to meet you in person"

"Awww......you are such a sweet angel , thank you and I pray all your wishes come to pass".

"Thank you so much ma" I said. Oh my goodness ! She's so beautiful and damn she's not only famous for her acting skills but also her beauty. She walks so elegantly with no flaws and not only does she have a perfect shape but also got a perfect nose. I stood there staring like a statue as I watched her excused herself and walked out of the restroom. Oh goodness ! How I wish I was her. I wish I had what she had, a good life, a good husband and children, what a perfect home!

"Lolita, where have you been? " trying to find the perfect excuse to give my boss, I quickly came up with something " I went to use the restroom" well it seems like a perfect excuse he didn't say anything afterward.

The meeting went well and just when we were about leaving the place someone whistle to me, turning around to see who it was, I was cut by surprise to see 'Anne' calling out to me so quickly I excused myself and went to meet her.

"I'm sorry to disturb you but I  need a favour from you and I think you're the only one suitable for It. You don't need to worry, I'm going to pay you" surprised that a whole Anne Campbell needed a favour from me and she was willing to pay, c'mon nah  I won't charge her.

"Nah, just forget about the charges, I will be more than willing to help you".

" Humm......actually right now my fans are gathered outside waiting for me so i would like you to dress in my clothes and pretend to be me while at the same time distracting them, my bodyguards will go along with you. I will use that as an opportunity to get into that cab outside there. My driver will drop you off at a particular spot where we will meet and then I will let you go. So, are you okay with it or not?

"I'm good to go."  "Thank you."

We went to the restroom and quickly changed our clothes and she also gave me her wig to wear, a nose mask and sunglasses to make me look hideous. And just as she said , we went into action while I was deceiving and distracting the huge crowd that   had gathered out there, she quickly found her way out and got into the cab. Thankful that she had found her way out, I quickly took off the nose mask and sunglass and immediately the fans saw that I wasn't Anne Campbell , they soon started dispatching one after the other and soon I was finally able to find my way into the vehicle provided for me.

I got to the exact spot where she talked about and I met her waiting for me already. "Thank so much for everything" she said.
"You don't need to thank me, I'm so happy that I was able to help you."

"Take this , you will need it." She said handling over a brown envelope to me.

"There is no need for this, I'm okay, I don't need it."

"No, I insist and I haven't even gotten your name yet."

" I'm Lolita. Well, since you insist then I have no other choice than to accept it." I said finally accepting it. As I lift my hand to collect the envelope, a thunderous sound was heard and boom! We found ourselves crashing unto the floor. I couldn't tell where Anne was but I knew we were in between life and death. I could feel my body burning especially my face. I was in great pain I tried my best gasping for air.  We were bombed. I told myself and for the   first time I felt like death was banging already on me, ready to take me and slowly I lost sight of everything and all I could see was complete darkness and there I fell unconscious.